Home (Robinson novel)
Cover of the first edition
|Publisher||Farrar, Straus and Giroux|
|September 2, 2008|
|Media type||Hardcover, Paperback, Audiobook|
|LC Class||PS3568.O3125 H58 2008|
The novel chronicles the life of the Boughton family, specifically the father, Reverend Robert Boughton, and Glory and Jack, two of Robert's adult children who return home to Gilead, Iowa. A companion to Gilead, Home is an independent novel that takes place concurrently.
Home was named one of the "100 Notable Books of 2008" by The New York Times, one of the "Best Books of 2008" by The Washington Post, one of the "Favorite Books 2008" of The Los Angeles Times, one of the "Best Books of 2008" of The San Francisco Chronicle, as well as one of The New Yorker book critic James Wood's ten favorite books of 2008.
- "2008 Book Prize Winners and Finalists". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "Marilynne Robinson wins the 2009 Orange Prize for Fiction". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The National Book Foundation: 2008 National Book Award Finalist, Fiction: Marilynne Robinson, Home". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The New York Times: 100 Notable Books of 2008". December 7, 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The Washington Post: Best Books of 2008". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The Los Angeles Times: Special Issue: Favorite Books 2008". December 7, 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The San Francisco Chronicle: The 50 best fiction, poetry books of 2008". December 21, 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "The New Yorker: James Wood: Ten Favorite Books of 2008". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- Novel's description at its publisher's website
- Review of Home in The New Yorker by James Wood, September 8, 2008
- Review of Home in The New York Times by A. O. Scott, September 19, 2008
- Review of Home in The Washington Post by Ron Charles, September 7, 2008
- Review of Home in The Los Angeles Times by Emily Barton, September 7, 2008
- Review of Home in Christianity Today by Linda McCullough Moore, September 8, 2008
- Review of Home in The San Francisco Chronicle by Joan Frank, September 14, 2008
- Interview with Marilynne Robinson about her novels, interviewed by Sarah Fay in The Paris Review, Fall 2008
- Marilynne Robinson reads from Home, Free Library of Philadelphia, September 29, 2008