Republic Bank Ghana Limited
|Traded as||GSE: HFC|
|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Total assets||US$234.3 million (GHS:435.3 million) (2011)|
Republic Bank provides mortgage financing, commercial banking, investment banking and wealth management services. Regulatory approval is still pending for the bank to split into for divisions:
- Banking Division
- Investment Management Division
- Private Equity Division
- Real Estate Division
As of December 2011[update], Republic Bank was a medium-sized financial services provider in Ghana, with total assets valued at about US$234.3 million (GHS:435.3 million), and shareholders' equity valued at about US$53.8 million (GHS:100 million).
The bank was created in 1990 as a shell company within Universal Merchant Bank (Ghana). In 1994 HFC Bank became a publicly traded company. In 1995 it became listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange. The stock of the bank is a component of the exchange's GSE All-Share Index. According to the bank's website, the bank issued the Ghana Stock Exchange's first-ever corporate bond, in 1996.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|2||Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.|
|3||Ghana Union Assurance Company Limited|
|4||State Insurance Company of Ghana|
|5||Financial Investment Trust|
|6||MIHL/Union Homes Savings & Loan (0548753152)|
|7||MIHL/Union Homes Pension Find (Nigeria)|
|8||Ghana Reinsurance Company|
|9||HFC Unit Trust|
|10||Other Institutional & Individual Investors|
|T O T A L||100.00|
- Head Office - Sixth Avenue, North Ridge, Accra
- Ebankese Branch - Sixth Avenue, North Ridge, Accra
- Accra Central Branch - Kwame Nkrumah Avenue, Accra
- Ridge Branch - 6 Sixth Avenue, West Ridge, Accra
- Tema Branch - Asafoatse Kotei Commercial Complex, Tema
- Legon Branch - Noguchi Road, University of Ghana, Legon
- Kumasi Branch - 571 Asomfo Road, Kumasi
- HFC Investment Services Limited - 6 Sixth Avenue, West Ridge, Accra
- Tudu Branch - St. Francis Building, Kinbu Road, Tudu
- Abossey Okai Branch
- Techiman Branch
- HFC Realty Limited
- Agbogbloshie Branch - Old Fadama Road
- Tamale Branch - 8 Daboya Street, Tamale
- KNUST Kumasi Branch - KNUST Commercial Area, Kumasi
- Koforidua Branch
- Baatsona Branch - Spintex Road
- Ashaiman Branch
- Takoradi Branch - Market Circle
- Kasoa Branch
- Post Office Square Branch
- Adabraka Branch
- Suame Branch - Suame Magazine
- Swedru Branch
- Cape Coast Branch - Tantri
- Winneba Branch
- Asamankese Branch
- Dansoman Branch
- "Republic Bank (Ghana) Limited - Company Snapshot". www.alacrastore.com.
- Asante, Linda (10 May 2012). "Ghana: HFC Bank Grows and Now Has New Look" – via AllAfrica.
- Administrator. "Licensed Banks". www.bog.gov.gh. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "HFC Bank Captures SME Sector". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
- "Shareholders of Republic Bank".
- "Offices and Branches of HFC Bank".