Home Run Inn
|Founder||Mary and Vincent Grittani|
In 1923, Mary and Vincent Grittani owned a small tavern on 31st Street in Chicago, Illinois along with their daughter Loretta and son-in-law Nick Perrino. When a home run from a nearby baseball game was hit through the tavern's window, they decided to rename the tavern Home Run Inn. In the 1940s, Mary Grittani developed the pizza recipe that is still being used today. Home Run Inn began selling frozen pizza in the 1950s, selling them in just the Chicago area. In 1986 and 1996 frozen manufacturing plants were constructed, one in Chicago and the second in Woodridge, IL. Home Run Inn is now distributing their Chicago frozen pizza to over 30 states.[not in citation given]
As of 2015, Home Run Inn has nine locations, four locations in Chicago and five in the Chicago suburbs.
- "Home Run Inn, Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg. 8 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Home Run Inn's Joe Perrino on How to Break into the Frozen Foods Market". 23 February 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Pizza Man". chicagoreader.com. 21 January 1988. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Scoring Big with Pizza". Chicago Tribune. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Best Frozen Pizza". Consumer Reports. August 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Consumer Reports Names Home Run Inn Best Frozen Pizza". 20 August 2013. Retrieved 8 December 2015.