|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
Number of locations
(as of the end of 2017)
Homeplus (Hangul: 홈플러스) is a Korean discount store retail chain running about 840 branches with 25,000 emloyees throughout South Korea. Homeplus is the second largest retailer in South Korea, behind Shinsegae Group's e-mart chain.
Homeplus operates its hypermarkets, super market chain 'Homeplus Express', convenience store '365 Plus' and online shopping service. Homeplus stores offer everything from groceries to clothes and appliances.
Starting in 1997 with distribution business department of Samsung C&T Corporation, Homeplus opened its first hypermarket in Daegu and its second branch in West Busan. In 1999, a joint venture between Samsung C&T and worldwide British retail chain Tesco, ‘SamsungTesco’ was launched, and it has grown into the second largest retailer in Korea by taking over 33 Homever(ex-Carrefour) stores since 2008. Since then Tesco had run the Homeplus until 2015 and the private equity fund, MBK Partners, acquired the company in October 2015 and is running the business.
- "홈플러스 (Hom-peul-leo-seu)". Homeplus. Retrieved February 18, 2008.
- Gómez-Suárez, M.; Martínez-Ruiz, M.P. (2016). Handbook of Research on Strategic Retailing of Private Label Products in a Recovering Economy. Advances in Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, and E-Services. IGI Global. p. 115. ISBN 978-1-5225-0221-0. Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- "홈플러스 온라인 쇼핑몰". August 28, 2018.
- "[할인점의 진화 上] '3세대 할인점' 체험형으로 '검지족' 공략". Newsprime. August 29, 2018.
- "홈플러스 주식회사 공식홈페이지 <회사소개>". August 29, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Homeplus.|
- Official website (in Korean)
|This article about a retailer in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South Korean company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|