Greater Homeland Historic District
House on Witherspoon Ave. in Homeland
|NRHP Reference #||01001377|
|Added to NRHP||December 28, 2001|
Homeland is a neighborhood located in the northern part of Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It is bounded roughly by Melrose Avenue on the north, Bellona Avenue on the east, Homeland Avenue on the south, and Charles Street on the west.
97.8% of the houses in Homeland are occupied and 88.5% of that number are owner occupied. According to the last census, 88% of the residents are white, 8.6% are black, 1.8% Asian and 1.5% are Hispanic. 20% of the white residents are reported as Irish, another 20% English, 17% German and 10% Polish. The median family income is $136,383 with 1.2% of those in the workforce unemployed. 90.7% are high school graduates and 41% report having a graduate or professional degree.
- Ann Marie Doory- member, Maryland House of Delegates
- Denise Dory- newsanchor, ABC2 News
- Michael Middleton- Tennessee Grad., Professional Lacrosse player
- Tom Marechek- Syracuse Grad., Professional Lacrosse player
- Martin O'Malley- Maryland governor
|William B. Henry|
- Staff (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "2000 Profile of General Demographic Characteristics: Homeland" (PDF). Baltimore Dept. of Planning. Retrieved 2007-10-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greater Homeland Historic District.|
- The Homeland Community Association
- "A Letter (Im) Perfect Neighborhood", Baltimore Sun, page 2b, Aug 20, 2006.