|Headquarters||Edmond, Oklahoma, U.S.|
Number of locations
Homeland is a supermarket chain in the United States. Homeland's headquarters is in Edmond, Oklahoma. As of 2016[update], it operates approximately 90 supermarkets in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas. Most Homeland supermarkets also include a pharmacy.
Homeland filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in September 2002, at which point it was bought by and became a subsidiary of Associated Wholesale Grocers. The supermarkets still operate under the "Homeland" name.
On November 14, 2008, Homeland purchased five Williams Discount Food stores, formerly Albertsons. This purchase became official December 14, 2008.
In August 2011, Homeland purchased the three-store Super Save Food chain.
Homeland was sold to its employees in December 2011.
- Haysville, KS
- Ardmore, OK
- Bartlesville, OK
- Bethany, OK
- Chickasha, OK
- Clinton, OK
- Duncan, OK
- Edmond, OK
- Elk City, OK
- Enid, OK
- Guthrie, OK
- Haskell, OK
- Henryetta, OK
- Jay, OK
- Marietta, OK
- Muskogee, OK
- Mustang, OK
- Norman, OK
- Nowata, OK
- Okemah, OK
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Pauls Valley, OK
- Perry, OK
- Pryor, OK
- Seminole, OK
- Shawnee, OK
- Yukon, OK
- Justin, TX (Super Save Foods)
- Sanger, TX (Super Save Foods)
- Weatherford, TX (Cash Saver)
In addition to organic beef products, Homeland offers grass-fed beef products. Most grass-fed cattle are leaner than feedlot beef, lacking marbling, which lowers the fat content and caloric level of the meat. Meat from grass-fed cattle also has higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and the omega-3 fatty acids ALA, EPA, and DHA. Meat and dairy products from grass-fed animals can produce 300-500% more conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than those of cattle fed the usual diet of 50% hay and silage, and 50% grain.
- Homeland files for bankruptcy | Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) | Find Articles at BNET.com
- Homeland to sell 10 stores, close 16 | Journal Record, The (Oklahoma City) | Find Articles at BNET.com
- Final Albertsons signs taken down, The Oklahoman, August 4, 2007.
- Homeland to Buy United of Oklahoma
- Homeland Stores Purchases Four Super Save Foods Stores in North Texas
- Homeland Employees Buy Chain From AWG
- Union of Concerned Scientists. "Greener Pastures: How grass-fed beef and milk contribute to healthy eating" (PDF): 58.
- Dhiman, T. R. (2001). "Role of diet on conjugated linoleic acid content of milk and meat". Journal of Animal Science. 79.