|Privately Held Corporation|
(January 28, 1999 )
|Headquarters||150 Granby Street
Norfolk, VA 23510, United States
|United States & Canada|
|David R. Mele, President
Andy Woolley, VP of Industry Development
Erin C. Ruen, VP of Sales
Grant Simmons, VP of Search Marketing
Kyle S. Bucklen, VP of Technology
|Products||Real Estate Search, Home Values, Mobile Applications, Data Services, Agent IDX/VOW Websites Lead Generation and Management Services|
Number of employees
Homes.com, Inc., a subsidiary of Dominion Enterprises, is the fourth-largest real estate portal by traffic market share.[unreliable source?] Headquartered at 150 Granby Street, Norfolk, Virginia, United States, Homes.com maintains additional offices in Boca Raton, Florida; Tallahassee, Florida and San Diego, California. The company also provides real estate marketing and media services including brand advertising, property listing syndication, reputation management and lead generation.
Homes.com began as the primary website for Homes and Land Publishing in 1993 and incorporated in January 1999 as Homes.com, Inc. In March of the following year, a venture capital funding round generated 38.5 million dollars.  and gave Hummer Winblad Venture Partners a controlling interest in Homes.com. In October 2004, Homes.com, Inc. was purchased by Trader Publishing Company, a joint business venture of Landmark Media Enterprises and Cox Enterprises. In September 2006, Landmark Media Enterprises and Cox Enterprises split the assets of Trader Publishing and Homes.com, Inc. became a subsidiary of Dominion Enterprises, LLC which was in turn a subsidiary of Landmark Media Enterprises.
- 1993 - Homes.com launched by Homes and Land Publishing, Ltd.
- January 28, 1999 - Homes.com, Inc. incorporated
- March 2000 - Hummer Winblad Venture Partners acquires a controlling interest in Homes.com, Inc. with a 38.5 million dollar investment
- October 2004 - purchased by Trader Publishing
- September 2006 - Trader Publishing divides assets and Homes.com becomes a subsidiary of Dominion Enterprises
- May 2011 - Homes.com launches Home Values channel which displays automated estimates of home prices and allows homeowners to update their property details to create more accurate estimates
- August 2011 - Homes.com launches Homes Connect, integrating several distinct marketing products for real estate professionals into one platform.
- January 2013 - Brock MacLean and Andy Woolley of Homes.com both named to the Inman list of 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders
- September 2014 - David Mele appointed president of Homes.com
- January 2015 - Andy Woolley promoted to head of industry development
- Real Estate Search is Homes.com core consumer product and includes advanced search filters such as features, price, property type and location.
- Home Values channel of Homes.com allows consumers research area home values, property details and area demographics.
- Through either Android or IOS mobile devices, Homes.com Mobile Applications afford consumers the ability to search for listings in any area and filter results based on personalized criteria, such as price and the number of bedrooms. GPS search functionality gives users the ability to search for nearby property listings.
- Data Services by Homes.com manages more than 650 MLS IDX (Internet Data Exchange) listing feeds representing over 4.3 million listings. The company provides IDX data aggregation and search technology to other real estate companies such as RE/MAX and ERA.
- The "Powered by Homes.com" offers product media partners the ability to integrate real estate listings into their sites at no charge. Partners can incorporate their display advertising network into the pages to generate revenue and maintain control of the overall appearance of the pages.
- Agent and Broker Websites can be purchased from Homes.com with IDX and VOW (Virtual Office Website) capabilities.
- Lead Generation and Management services aggregate leads from various sources and provide CRM tools for managing those leads.
- "Realtor.com climbs in rankings, Trulia's new look, Homes.com picking up steam". Inman.com. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- Kersnar, Scott (December 2000). "Working To Attract Realtors". Mortgage Technology. 7.6: 30–36.
- Evans, Blanche. "Homes.com: Making the Leap From Print to the Internet". Realty Times.
- "Trader Publishing to Become Two Companies". The Auto Channel.
- "Homes.com Launches Home Values Channel". Building Online.
- Abkowitz, Alyssa. "How to Figure the Fuzzy Math of Internet Home Values". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Homes.com offers integrated marketing platform". Inman News.
- "100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders". Inman News.
- "Homes.com has new leader". Inman News.
- "Homes.com promotes new head of industry development from within". Inman News.
- "What the Websites Get Right…and What They Don't". The Wall Street Journal.
- Avalona-Butler, Amber. "At Your Service: Best iPhone apps for military lifestyle".
- "Revamped ERA website live with IDX listings". Inman News.
- "'Powered by Homes.com' Launched". Property Portal Watch.
- Patterson, Maria. "A Rising Force". RIS Media.