Homestead High School (Indiana)
|Homestead High School|
|4310 Homestead Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46814
|School district||Southwest Allen County Schools|
|Principal||Park D. Ginder|
|Athletics conference||Summit Athletic Conference|
Homestead Senior High School, in Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States, is a public four-year high school. It is a class 6A high school. Part of Southwest Allen County Schools, the school receives accreditation from the Indiana Department of Education and the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The Spartana, Homestead's student newspaper, was awarded the NSPA Pacemaker award for its 2004-2005 and 2008-2009 volumes.
WCYT is the school's student-run, not-for-profit radio station. It has been broadcasting in the city of Fort Wayne since 1995. WCYT has won 17 Indiana Association of School Broadcasters state awards since 2004, with the most recent award being in 2016.
- The gymnastics team won the state championship in 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1999 and 2001.
- The boys' basketball team won the state championship in 2015 (AAAA).
- The girls' basketball team won the state championship in 2017 (AAAA).
Dave S. Walter Memorial Stadium is the school's athletic field. Artificial turf was installed in 2004.
- Rob Bowen, catcher, former Major League Baseball player
- Susan Brooks, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Indiana's 5th district
- Caleb Swanigan, NBA basketball player, Portland Trail Blazers
- Zach Terrell, college football player, Western Michigan University
- Jordan Witzigreuter, singer from The Ready Set
- "School Snapshot". state.in.us. Archived from the original on 22 September 2004. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "School Office". sacs.k12.in.us. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- NSPA - Contests and Critiques Archived 2015-02-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Locke, Greg (2011). "A Radio Station for the Rest of Us" (PDF). Whatzup Magazine. WhatzUp Magazine. Retrieved 2016. Check date values in:
- IASB (March 12, 2015). "2016IASBHighSchoolAwards" (PDF). IASB Online. Retrieved http://iasbonline.org/. Check date values in:
- "WCYT Celebrates National High School Radio Day (NBC33 VIDEO)". 21Alive. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "2014-15 Boys Basketball State Tournament". ihsaa.org. Retrieved 29 March 2015.