Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
|Director||Prof. Jayashree Ramadas|
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) is a National Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, India. The broad goals of the Centre are to promote equity and excellence in science and mathematics education from primary school to undergraduate college level, and encourage the growth of scientific literacy in the country. To these ends it carries out a wide spectrum of inter-related activities, which may be viewed under three broad categories:
- Research and Development,
- Teacher Orientation and Science Popularisation, and
- Olympiads and other Students' Nurture Programmes
Three decades after its inception, HBCSE has emerged as the premier institution in the country for research and development in science, technology and mathematics education. It is India's nodal centre for Olympiad programmes in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Astronomy. Another major program of HBCSE is the National Initiative on Undergraduate Science (NIUS).
HBCSE runs a Graduate School in Science and Mathematics Education. Students admitted to HBCSE Graduate School work for the degree of Ph.D. in Science Education, which is a degree of TIFR (Deemed University).
Dr. Raghunath G. Lagu & Mr. V. G. Kulkarni are founder member of HBCSE
Other Links of HBCSE.
- Mathematics Education Research, HBCSE, Mumbai India
- Small Science - Homi Bhabha Curriculum for Primary Science
- Hindi Learning Portal - HBCSE
- National Initiative on Undergraduate Science - HBCSE
- Olympiad Programme - HBCSE, India
- Asian Science Camp - 2010
- International Physics Olympiad, 2015, India
- Collaborative Learning Portal, HBCSE