Homo Homini Award
The Homo Homini Award (Latin: "A human to another human") is given annually by the Czech human rights organization People in Need to "an individual in recognition of a dedication to the promotion of human rights, democracy and non-violent solutions to political conflicts". The award is presented at the One World Film Festival, the world's largest human rights film festival.
Winners of the Homo Homini Award
Past winners of the Homo Homini Award include the following:
- 1994: Sergei Kovalev
- 1997: Szeto Wah
- 1998: Ibrahim Rugova
- 1999: Oswaldo Payá Sardiñas
- 2000: Min Ko Naing
- 2001: Zackie Achmat
- 2002: Thích Huyền Quang, Thích Quảng Độ and Thadeus Nguyễn Văn Lý
- 2003: Nataša Kandić
- 2004: Gheorghe Briceag
- 2005: Ales Bialatski and the Belarusian organisation Viasna
- 2006: Svetlana Gannushkina
- 2007: Su Su Nway, Phyu Phyu Thin, and Nilar Thein
- 2008: Liu Xiaobo, and symbolically to all of the signatories of Charter 08
- 2009: Majid Tavakoli and Abdollah Momeni
- 2010: Azimzhan Askarov
- 2011: Doctors Coordinate of Damascus
- 2012: Intiqam Aliyev
- 2013: Sapijat Magomedova
- 2014: Souad Nawfal
- 2015: eleven dissidents from the formerly imprisoned 75 Cuban dissidents, who refused to leave the country to fight for democracy
- 2016: Committee for the Prevention of Torture (Russia)
- 2017: Phạm Đoan Trang
- 2018: Francisca Ramírez
- 2019: Buzurgmehr Yorov
- 2020: Marfa Rabkova, Andrei Chapiuk, Leanid Sudalenka, Tatsiana Lasitsa of the Viasna Human Rights Centre
- "THE HOMO HOMINI AWARD". People in Need. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- Jacy Meyer (4 March 2011). "At Prague Festival, Movies With a Conscience". The New York Times. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS OF THE HOMO HOMINI AWARD". People in Need. Archived from the original on 1 May 2011. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Need, People in. "The Homo Homini Award for 2019 will be presented to prominent Tajik lawyer Buzurgmehr Yorov". People in Need.
- "Belarusian Human Rights Defenders Awarded With Homo Homini Prize". naviny.by. Charter 97. 2021-05-11. Archived from the original on 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2021-07-28.