From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Examples of homotetramers include:
- enzymes like beta-glucuronidase (pictured)
- export factors such as SecB from Escherichia coli
- magnesium ion transporters such as CorA.
- lectins such as Concanavalin A
- "GO term: protein homotetramerization". YeastGenome. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "GO term: protein heterotetramerization". YeastGenome. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- Watanabe, M; Blobel, G (April 1989). "Cytosolic factor purified from Escherichia coli is necessary and sufficient for the export of a preprotein and is a homotetramer of SecB.". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 86 (8): 2728–32. doi:10.1073/pnas.86.8.2728. PMC . PMID 2649892.
- Warren, M. A.; Kucharski, L. M.; Veenstra, A.; Shi, L.; Grulich, P. F.; Maguire, M. E. (1 July 2004). "The CorA Mg2+ Transporter Is a Homotetramer". Journal of Bacteriology. 186 (14): 4605–4612. doi:10.1128/JB.186.14.4605-4612.2004. PMC . PMID 15231793.
|This protein-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|