This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Known for||Marathi Poetry|
Honaji Bala (Devanagari: होनाजी बाळा)(1754–1844); was an iconic Marathi poet from Maharashtra, India. He was also Shahir who traditionally sing the songs. He was very famous for the GhanShyam Sundara song.
Honaji was born in a family of traditional milkmen. He used to deliver the milk to Peshwe in the morning and sing various songs in the evening as a part of entertainment at the residence. His father, uncle and grand father were also shahir and used to sing.
Honaji contributed significantly for the development of this genre of music. He introduced tabla in place of the traditional dholki. He also developed the baithakichi Lavani, a subgenre, which is presented by the singer in the seated position.
The Marathi film,Amar Bhoopali,produced and directed by V. Shantaram in 1953 is based on the life of Honjai Bala.Panditrao Nagarkar played the role of Honaji Bala with Lalita Pawar and Sandhya in supporting roles. The screenplay was written by Vishram Bedekar.
- गोल तुझ्या शरीराचा Gol Tujhya Shariracha 
- घडीघडी अरे मनमोहना Ghadi Ghadi Are Man
- घनश्याम सुंदरा श्रीधरा GhanShyam Sundara
- तुझ्या प्रीतीचे दु:ख मला Tujhya Preetiche Dukha
- तू पाक सूरत कामिना Tu Pak Surat Kamina
- नको दूर देशी जाऊ Nako Dur Deshi Jau
- लटपट लटपट तुझं चालणं Latpat Latpat Tujha Chalana
- सांगा मुकुंद कुणि हा Sanga Mukund Kuni Ha
- श्रीरंगा कमलाकांता Shriranga Kamalakanta
- Bala, Honaji (1924). Lāvaṇya (in Marathi).
- Datta, Amaresh (1988). Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature: Devraj to Jyoti. Sahitya Akademi. p. 1583. ISBN 9788126011940.
- Kosambi, Meera (2000). Intersections: Socio-cultural Trends in Maharashtra. Orient Blackswan. p. 197. ISBN 9788125018780.
- Gavankar, Nilu N. (2011). The Desai Trio and the Movie Industry of India. AuthorHouse. p. 53. ISBN 9781463419417.
- विभास, alka vibhas | अलका. "शाहीर होनाजी बाळा | Shahir Honaji Bala | आठवणीतली गाणी | Aathavanitli Gani | Marathi songs lyrics online". आठवणीतली गाणी | Aathavanitli Gani.