|Length||207.2 km (128.7 mi)|
|Existed||1971 – present|
|South end||Suncheon, Jeollanam-do|
|North end||Nonsan, Chungcheongnam-do|
|Revised Romanization||Honam Gosok Doro|
|McCune–Reischauer||Honam Kosok Toro|
The Honam Expressway (Korean: 호남고속도로; Honam Gosok Doro) or Honamseon (호남선; 湖南線 for short) is a expressway serving the Honam region in South Korea. The freeway connects Nonsan on the Nonsan-Cheonan Expressway and Honam Expressway Branch Line to Gwangju and Suncheon on the Namhae Expressway. The freeway's route number is 25. The Honam Expressway Branch Line (Honam Gosokdoro Jiseon), (호남고속도로지선) is route number 251, and connects Nonsan on the Honam Expressway to Daejeon on the Gyeongbu Expressway.
- April 15, 1970: Construction Begin
- December 30, 1970: Daejeon-Jeonju section (79.1 km) opens to traffic.
- November 14, 1973: Jeonju-Suncheon section (181.6 km) opens to traffic.
- June 1, 1978: Begins becoming charged.
- April 25, 1983: Work begins to widen to four lanes in Daejeon-Jeonju Section.
- June 30, 1986: The 4-lane expansion of the Daejeon–Jeonju section was completed.
- September 11, 1986: The 4-lane expansion of the Jeonju–Gwangju section was completed.
- September 1, 1989: The 4-lane expansion of the section in Gwangju (W.Gwangju IC-Goseo JCT) was completed.
- November 8, 1996: The 4-lane expansion of the Gwangju-Suncheon section was completed.
- January 1, 1999: West Jeonju Interchange (서전주IC) opens to traffic.
- August 25, 2001: Divides between Honam Expressway (Suncheon–Nonsan) to Honam Expressway Branch (Nonsan-Daejeon)
- August 31, 2002: Naejangsan IC (내장산IC) opens to traffic.
- December 29, 2004: Dongnim IC (동림IC) opens to traffic.
- May 15, 2007: Sanwol JCT (산월분기점) opens to traffic.
- December 17, 2009: The eight-lane expansion of the Munheung-Goseo section was completed and Munheung JCT (문흥분기점) opens to traffic.
- July 20, 2010: The six-lane expansion of the East Gwangju-Munheung section was completed.
- October 27, 2010: The six, eight-lane[clarification needed] expansion of the Samnye-Nonsan section was completed.
- August 1, 2012: Motjae Tunnel (못재터널) opens to traffic.
- January 20, 2016: North Gwangsan Interchange (북광산IC) opens to traffic.
- W. Suncheon IC–Goseo JC, E. Gwangju IC–Samnye IC: 4
- Munheung JC–E. Gwangju IC, Samnye IC–Iksan JC: 6
- Goseo JC–Munheung JC, Iksan JC–Nonsan JC: 8
List of facilities
- IC: Interchange, JC: Junction, SA: Service Area, TG:Tollgate