Honda Automobile (China) Company
|Founded||1992Guangzhou, Peoples Republic of China in|
|Headquarters||Guangzhou, Peoples Republic of China |
|China, Europe |
|Hironori Kanayama (President) |
|Total assets||$82 Million (2005)|
Guangzhou Automobile Group
(25%) Dongfeng Motor (10%) 
Number of employees
Honda Automobile (China) Company is a joint venture of Honda, Dongfeng Motor and Guangzhou Automobile Group. It manufactures automobiles in an auto plant dedicated exclusively to exports from China which has an annual production capacity of 50,000 units. The company is 65% owned by Honda. Most of the production are exported to Europe.
The company has roots dating back to 1992 however, the company records were established in September 2003. Mass production began in April 2005 and first export of Honda Fit took place in June 2005. The company is the first passenger car maker in China to begin full-scale exports to Europe.
- "Honda Worldwide | June 24, 2005 "Honda Automobile (China) Co., Ltd. Begins Auto Exports"". world.honda.com. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "CHINA: Honda plant to make first car for Europe". Just-auto. Jun 14, 2004.
- "Honda China Begins Exports of Compacts to Europe". Green Car Congress. Jun 24, 2005.
- "JAPAN: Honda starts car exports from China". Just-auto. Jun 27, 2005.
- http://world.honda.com/group/China/ Honda in China
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|