Honda Cars India
|Headquarters||Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
Number of locations
Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) is a subsidiary of Honda of Japan for the production, marketing and export of passenger cars in India. Formerly known as Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, it began operations in 1995 as a joint venture between Honda Motor Company and Usha International of Siddharth Shriram Group. In August, 2012, Honda bought out Usha International's entire 3.16 percent stake for ₹1.8 billion in the joint venture. The company officially changed its name to Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) and became a 100% subsidiary of Honda.
HCIL's first manufacturing unit at Greater Noida began operations in 1997. Set up at an initial investment of over ₹4.5 billion, the plant is spread over 150 acres (0.61 km2). The initial capacity of the plant was 30,000 cars per year, which was thereafter increased to 50,000 cars on a two-shift basis. The capacity has further been enhanced to 100,000 units annually as of 2008. This expansion led to an increase in the covered area in the plant from 107,000 square metres (1,150,000 sq ft) to over 130,000 m2 (1,400,000 sq ft).
In 2015-2016 revenue of 16,870crore,360crore net profit after 6 years losses in Indian opetation. July,2017 Monthly sales touches over 17,000 cars thanks to WRV new launch. City and WRV are selling over 4,500-month vehicle sales hit.
Current production models
- Honda City — 1998-Present
- Honda Accord — 2001-Present
- Honda Jazz — 2009-Present
- Honda Brio — 2011-Present
- Honda CR-V — Imported Since 2003; 2013 Model Locally Assembled
- Honda Amaze — April 2013-Present
- Honda BR-V — 2017-Present
- Honda WR-V — March 2017-Present
Former production models
It sold 189,062 units during the period between April 2014 and March 2015 as against 1,34,399 units during the same period a year ago, recording an increase of over 44%.
Honda, the Japanese carmaker, launched a new compact SUV on the Jazz platform called WRV in March 2017. 2017March ended revenue touches 16,870crore,First profit 360crore profit after 6 years losses.
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- corporate - Engine of the year - honda eco technology(HET) 1000cc engine
Sedan Of The Year - Honda City
- Best Indian Company (unlisted) by Business Standard Group
- Manufacturer of the Year by NDTV Profit-Car India
- Manufacturer of the Year by CNBC-TV 18 Autocar India
- No 1 Mid Size Car (Honda City); No 1 Entry Luxury Car (Honda Accord) and No 1 Premium SUV (Honda CR-V) by TNS
- Best Mid-size Car in Initial Quality (Honda City) and Most Appealing Mid-size car (Honda City) by JD Power
- CNBC Autocar CAR of the year 2004
- ICICI Overdrive SUV of the Year 2004 - Honda CR-V
- ICICI Overdrive Car of the Year 2004 - Honda City
- Business Standard Motoring Car of the Year 2004 - Honda City
- Company Profile, Honda Cars India, 2015
- HCIL Website - Honda Executives Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Honda Car India-Company Profile". Honda Car India. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Honda India rolls out its first car from Tapukara Plant in Rajasthan completed in 2014 South of Delhi". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "HSCI Commences Construction at its Second Plant in Rajasthan". Honda Car India press releases. Retrieved 30 October 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2012-07-22.