|Founded||8 September 2003|
|10,800 units (2016)|
|Alternative Chinese name|
Honda Automobile (China) Co., Ltd. known also as CHAC and Honda China (Chinese: 本田中国) is a automobile manufacturer owned by Honda and Chinese companies GAC Group and Dongfeng Motor Group. It is aimed for export worldwide only, not for domestic market in China.
Honda Automobile (China) Co., Ltd. is a joint venture of Honda (65%),[nb 1] GAC Group (25%) and Dongfeng Motor Group (10%), incorporated on 8 September 2003. It was located in Guangzhou. Dongfeng and GAC had formed separate joint venture with Honda as Dongfeng Honda (in July 2003) and Guangqi Honda (in 1998) respectively. In 2018, Dongfeng made a public invitation to buy their stake in Honda China.
The plant currently exports mainly to the Middle East, Russia and Africa.
- "企业介绍" [about us] (in Chinese). Honda China. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Government Database[permanent dead link] accessed on 2 September 2017 (in Chinese)
- "2016 Annual Report" (PDF). GAC Group. 2 September 2017.
- "First CHAC Manufactured City Rolls off Production Line". Honda Automobile (China). 12 October 2016. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "企业简介" [About us] (in Chinese). Dongfeng Honda. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Dōng fēng guà pái chū shòu běn tián zhōng guó quán bù gǔ quán" 东风挂牌出售本田中国全部股权. 新京报 (in Chinese) – via XinhuaNet.
- "CHINA: Honda plant to make first car for Europe". Just-auto. Jun 14, 2004. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Honda China Begins Exports of Compacts to Europe". Green Car Congress. Jun 24, 2005. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- Reuters, AFP / (2016-10-18). "Honda to build new China factory". GulfNews. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an automotive industry corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|