Honda HSV-010 GT
|Category||Super GT GT500|
|Successor||Honda NSX CONCEPT-GT|
|Length||4,675 mm (184.1 in)|
|Width||2,000 mm (79 in)|
|Wheelbase||2,700 mm (110 in)|
|Engine||3.4L Honda HR10EG 3,397 cc (207.3 cu in) V8|
500 PS (370 kW; 490 bhp) or more,
40.0kgm (289 lb ft; 392 Nm) or more, front mid-engine, rear-wheel drive
|Transmission||Ricardo 6-speed sequential manual|
|Weight||1,100 kg (2,400 lb)|
|Debut||2010 Suzuka GT 300km|
|First win||2010 Okayama GT 300km|
|Last win||2013 JAF Grand Prix Race 1|
|Last event||2013 JAF Grand Prix|
|Teams' Championships||1 (2010)|
|Drivers' Championships||1 (Takashi Kogure & Loïc Duval, 2010)|
On October 23, 2009, Honda officially announced the end of the mid-engine NSX-GT's participation in Super GT racing due to new Super GT regulations that allowed the use of only front engine, rear drive cars. On November 15, 2009, Honda announced that, despite withdrawing the NSX from Super GT competition, it would campaign a car for the 2010 season. Honda revealed that the car will be based on the cancelled 'New NSX' production vehicle. It is reported that although the Super GT normally requires racing vehicles to be based on production cars, the use of a production-ready car is also allowed. The engine HR10EG was based on the 3.4L V8 HR09E engine built for Formula Nippon.
Then, on December 22, 2009, Honda announced the HSV-010 GT as the successor to the NSX Super GT in the Super GT series. Unlike typical Super GT cars, the vehicle is not based on any production vehicle that is made available to purchase by the general public. Although no road versions were built, the HSV-010 GT was superseded by the hybrid-electric Honda NSX CONCEPT-GT, as 2013 Super GT season being the final year for the vehicle.
- Lavrinc, Damon (2009-12-22). "NSX no more: Honda HSV-010 GT ready to race in SuperGT". Autoblog. Weblogs, Inc. Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- Zack Newmark (2009-12-22). "Honda HSV-010 GT Announced as NSX Replacement in Japan's 2010 Super GT Race Series". WorldCarFans.
- "2010 Super GT Honda NSX Confirmed : Your online JDM magazine". 7tune.com. 2009-11-15. Archived from the original on 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2009-11-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Honda HSV-010 GT.|
- Honda Worldwide | HSV-010GT official site
- Honda HSV-010 GT | 進化したHSV-010 GT 本格化する2011年モデルの熟成 in Japanese
- Honda HSV-010 GT | GTプロジェクトリーダー 瀧敬之介 現場レポート in Japanese
- "Honda introduces HSV-010 GT for competing in GT500 class of SUPER GT Series". Honda Motor Company. January 18, 2010. Archived from the original on March 15, 2010. Retrieved March 7, 2010.