Honda Jade EXi (China; pre-facelift)
|Assembly||Japan: Sayama, Saitama (Sayama Plant)|
China: Wuhan, Hubei (Dongfeng Honda)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Related||Honda Civic (ninth generation)|
|Engine||1.8L R18Z6 i-VTEC SOHC I4|
1.5L L15B I4 Hybrid system
1.5L L15B I4 VTEC Turbo
7-speed DCT (hybrid)
|Wheelbase||2,760 mm (108.7 in)|
|Length||4,660 mm (183.5 in)|
|Width||1,777 mm (70.0 in)|
|Height||1,531 mm (60.3 in)|
The Jade is based on the ninth generation Civic platform and has two seating versions for 5 or 4+2 passengers. It will compete with vehicle such as the Kia Carens and Mazda5. The Jade was developed primarily with the Chinese market in mind but has since been released in Japan from February 2015 and is expected to be marketed in other regions in the future.
Besides the two seating options (5 or 4+2), there are two trim levels (EXi or VTi), and two transmissions (5AT or CVT) and two engines to choose from (1.8L upon release, followed by 1.5L Turbo).
In February 2015, a hybrid version went on sale in Japan with a 2+2+2 seating layout.
In May 2015, the Jade RS was launched to the Japanese market, offering a newly developed 1.5-liter direct injection VTEC Turbo engine rated at 150PS (148 hp) at 5,500 rpm and 203Nm (150 lb-ft) of torque between 1,600 and 5,000 rpm.
The facelifted Jade was unveiled at the 2016 Auto Guangzhou. The Japanese domestic market version of the facelifted Jade was launched on May 17, 2018, and went on sale on the following day. It was announced on the website on March 8, 2018. The current trim levels are G, RS, X, HYBRID RS and HYBRID X, which were now equipped with standard Honda Sensing.
- "Honda Jade MPV is Naked from all Sides in China | CarNewsChina.com - China Auto News". CarNewsChina.com. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "News Release: Honda Begins Sales of All-New 6-seat "JADE"". Honda.
- "The Honda Jade is the Civic Wagon You've Always Wanted | ChinaCarTimes.com".
- "Honda Jade| ChinaAutoWeb.com".
- "Honda Jade Hybrid introduced in Japan, goes on sale in February | worldcarfans.com - World Car Fans".
- "Honda Launches Jade RS In Japan With 148HP 1.5L VTEC Turbo". CarScoops. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Honda Jade.|