1969 Honda SS125
|Successor||Honda CB125, CB125K|
|Engine||124 cc (7.6 cu in) air-cooled SOHC parallel twin|
|Bore / stroke||44 mm × 41 mm (1.7 in × 1.6 in)|
|Power||13 PS (9.6 kW) @ 10,000 or 10,500 rpm|
|Ignition type||Six volt points|
|Frame type||Pressed steel "T-bone" type frame|
|Brakes||Single leading shoe drum front and rear|
105 kg (231 lb) (dry)|
|Fuel capacity||8.2 L (1.8 imp gal; 2.2 US gal)|
|Oil capacity||1.2 L (0.26 imp gal; 0.32 US gal)|
The Honda SS125A was a motorcycle manufactured by Honda from 1967 through 1969.
The SS125A was based on the Japan only Honda CS125 along with two other variants, the CD125 and the CL125, all three of which shared many common components with the CS125. The larger capacity CD175 was also similar in design, up to 1969, although with more touring-orientated styling.
Although the variants shared common components, many were unique to this range and, combined with the relatively short production run, can make spare parts difficult to obtain today. Certain items, such as silencers (mufflers) for the low slung exhaust are very rare and command a premium when sold.
The SS125A had 17 inch wheels; the front rim was either 1.4 inches or 1.6 inches wide while the rear rim was 1.6 inches wide. The 124 cc twin cylinder engine was basically same as the earlier CA95/CB92 layout,using the left side of the engine for the timing chain to the camshaft. It used a Keihin Seiki vacuum carburettor, as opposed to the earlier engines,which were equipped with a slide valve type. The home market (Japan) version was built using a 180 degree crankshaft, as opposed to the 360 degree layout in the U.S.models.
- Mitchel, Doug (2005). Honda Motorcycles: Everything You Need to Know About Every Honda Motorcycle Ever Built. Iola, WI US: KP Books. p. 47. ISBN 0-87349-966-2. LCCN 2005922949. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- Honda 125 Model CD125 CD125A SS125A CL125A Owner's Manual. Japan: Honda Motor Co., Ltd. 1968. p. 54.
- Shop manual Honda 125 175. Japan: Honda Motor Co., Ltd. 1972.
- "The Honda Ss125 Gallery", Classic Motorbikes.
- "Interview: Denny Berg". BikeEXIF. Warkworth, NZ: Garagista Media. Archived from the original on 11 October 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Silver, Bill (March 2013). "Guide to 125-250cc Honda Street Twins". Motorcycle Classics. Topeka, Kansas US: Ogden Publications. CL125A and SS125A (1967-69). Archived from the original on 23 July 2014. Retrieved 17 November 2014.