|Manufacturer||Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India|
|Parent company||Honda Motor Company|
|Engine||149.2 cc (9.10 cu in) single, CV carburetor 4-stroke, air cooled, OHC|
|Bore / stroke||57.3 mm × 57.8 mm (2.26 in × 2.28 in)|
|Top speed||101 km/h (63 mph) (claimed) |
|Power||9.5 kW (12.7 hp) @ 8000 rpm (claimed)|
|Torque||12.8 N⋅m (9.4 lbf⋅ft) @ 5500 rpm (claimed)|
|Transmission||5-speed, constant mesh.|
Front 240 mm disc|
Rear 130 mm drum
Tube type, Front 2.75 in x 18 in|
Rear 100/90- 18
|Wheelbase||1,336 mm (52.6 in) |
L: 2,092 mm (82.4 in) |
W: 756 mm (29.8 in) 
H: 1,100 mm (43 in) 
|Weight||145 kg (320 lb) (claimed) (wet)|
|Fuel capacity||13 L (3.4 US gal)  (reserve 1.3 L (0.34 US gal))|
|Fuel consumption||60 km/L (170 mpg‑imp; 140 mpg‑US) (claimed)|
The Honda Unicorn is a motorcycle developed by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and introduced in 2004. It was internally called the CBF150M. The engine was taken from CRF150F post 2005 engine. The previous version of CRF150F was the old CBZ classic. The design of the bike was done keeping in mind Indian road conditions. Many new features were incorporated, including a two-way air jacket and a diamond frame. The first version of the bike featured spoke wheels and kick start with an optional self-starter.
Honda claimed the Unicorn accelerated from 0 to 60 km/h (0 to 37 mph) in 5 seconds. India Business Insight reported acceleration of 0 to 60 km/h (0 to 37 mph) in 5.28–5.86 seconds, and a top speed of 114 km/h (71 mph).
Honda released this motorcycle to compete with the Bajaj Pulsar and the TVS Apache. Changes included alloy wheels, powder coated engine with a polished head, electric starter, new graphics, clear lens indicator lamps, a trip meter, and a slightly smaller rear grab rail. Few performance changes included minor changes in the cylinder head, overhead valve, ignition remap and a rear sprocket increase of one tooth, which resulted in increased acceleration at the expense of reduced top speed.The air filter was changed from a dry paper to oil-coated to better suit dusty conditions and a new airflow screw in the carburetor. HMSI sold 720,000 Unicorns in 2007. The Unicorn overtook the Bajaj Pulsar to rank highest in its category, the premium segment, in the 2005 Motorcycle Total Customer Satisfaction (MTCS) survey of 7,000 customers conducted by the TNS specialist division, TNS Automotive.
In 2010, a premium, sporty and stylish variant of the Unicorn, the Unicorn Dazzler, was launched. Except for its styling and presence of disc brake at rear, the other features and specifications are same as that of the original Unicorn. From 2010, The letters of CB attached for Unicorn model and other variants of motorcycles from Honda.
- A limited Moto GP "Unicorn Grand Prix" edition had the guise of a Repsol Honda RC211V.
- Pearl Siena Red 
- Space Silver Metallic  (see also main photo)
- Geny Gray Metallic 
- Black w/Red Graphics 
- Red w/Black Graphics 
- Pearl Igneous Black 
- Bright Pink 
- September 8, 2004: Honda announces introduction of Unicorn motorcycle 
- January 2005: Self-start version added 
- 2014: Production discontinued 
- 2016: Re-launched with some subtle changes 
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, Honda Unicorn specifications
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, Former Honda Unicorn specifications, archived from the original (Adobe Flash) on 2009-04-23
- Honda Worldwide (September 8, 2004), Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Announces First Motorcycle Model; Production of New "Unicorn" Model Begins on New Second Line.
- Muralidhar, S. (November 28, 2004), "Honda Unicorn: Wings of change", Asia Africa Intelligence Wire
- Honda launches 'self-start' Unicorn, January 14, 2005
- India Business Insight (February 14, 2007), PROFILE OF HONDA UNICORN.
- India Business Insight (February 28, 2006), PROFILE OF HONDA UNICORN
- PTI - The Press Trust of India Ltd. (April 30, 2007), HMSI announces launch of new look Honda Unicorn
- Asia Africa Intelligence Wire (June 24, 2005), Bajaj, Hero Honda, Enfield top customer satisfaction: Study
- Muralidhar, S. (April 1, 2007), "PERSONAL FINANCE: Cosmetic touches for Unicorn", Business Line
- Honda Unicorn: Serious (cosmetic) upgrades!, March 20, 2007
- Honda Unicorn Colors, May 3, 2012
- Honda Unicorn Colors
- Honda Unicorn Colors
- Honda Unicorn Colors
- Cite error: The named reference
Unicorn_Colors_1was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Honda to Re-Launch Unicorn 150; Showcased at Auto Expo 2016, Feb 8, 2016
- Arjun Kumar (MotorBeam) (Apr 26, 2017), Honda Unicorn 150 Power Reduced To 12.73 HP
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Honda Unicorn.|