This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5–door SUV|
|Layout||Transverse front-engine, front-wheel-drive|
|Platform||Honda Global Small Car|
|Wheelbase||2,550 mm (100.4 in)|
|Length||4,000 mm (157.5 in)|
|Width||1,740 mm (68.5 in)|
|Height||1,600 mm (63.0 in)|
|Predecessor||Honda Fit Twist|
The Honda WR-V is a subcompact crossover produced by Honda. It has the same body structure as the third generation Fit/Jazz with different front and hood treatment. It was introduced at the 2016 São Paulo International Motor Show. The WR-V was built and sold specifically for the South American and Indian market.
The WR-V was launched in the Indian car market on March 16, 2017 at a starting price of Rs 7.75 lakh (ex-showroom). The vehicle is inspired from its hatchback sibling, Jazz, and shares the same platform. The WR-V is launched both in Brazil and India in March 2017.
The WR-V crossover is the first model which has been developed by Honda Research & Development Centre of Brazil in collaboration with Honda Research & Development Center of Japan to meet global standards for the vehicle, while keeping the requirements and preferences of the young Brazilian and Indian customers in mind. The WR-V shares a lot of parts and features with the Jazz. The dashboard and the instrument panel of the WR-V are carried over from the Jazz.
According to Honda, the WR-V has been "endowed with a sporty, stylish and aggressive" design language. The vehicle has been given a bold design to highlight its crossover category and to appeal to the young car buyers. Although it is based on the Fit/Jazz hatchback, it has more design similarities with the Brio based BR-V compact SUV. However, the side profile of the WR-V is similar to the Jazz.
The WR-V is essentially the sportier and more muscular version of the Jazz, it terms of dimensions, the WR-V is larger and taller vehicle as compared to its hatchback sibling. The WR-V has a wheelbase measuring 2,555 mm (100.6 in), and measures 3,999 mm (157.4 in) in length, 1,734 mm (68.3 in) in width and 1,601 mm (63.0 in) in height. The crossover vehicle has a high ground clearance of 188 mm.
The Honda WR-V crossover’s features list include 7 inch touchscreen integrated advanced infotainment system with audio, video and navigation, MirrorLink support for smartphone connectivity, class first one-touch electric sunroof, etc.
Safety equipment on the all-new WR-V include Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Dual SRS front airbags, and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), which are offered as standard fitments across all variants.
Engine and transmission
The WR-V crossover is available in both petrol and diesel versions. The crossover shares the same engine options with its hatchback sibling Jazz. Thus, the petrol version has been equipped with the same 1.2 liter i-VTEC petrol engine that can generate 89 bhp (90.2 PS) of peak power along with 110 N⋅m (81 lb⋅ft) of top torque and is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. On the other hand, the diesel version of the crossover gets powered by the 1.5 liter i-DTEC diesel motor that delivers of 99 bhp (100 PS) of max power along with 200 N⋅m (148 lb⋅ft) of peak torque and is coupled with a 6-speed manual transmission.
|Variant name||Mileage (kmpl[clarification needed])||Transmission||Displacement (cc)||Safety|
|i-VTEC S||17.5||Manual||1199||ABS, Airbags 2|
|i-VTEC VX||17.5||Manual||1199||ABS, Airbags 2|
|Variant name||Mileage (kmpl)||Transmission||Displacement (cc)||Safety|
|i-DTEC S||25.5||Manual||1498||ABS, Airbags 2|
|i-DTEC VX||Manual||1498||ABS, Airbags 2|
The Honda WR-V claims to offer the class best fuel economy fuel efficiency. The petrol variants offer a fuel efficiency of 17.5 Kmpl, while the diesel models offer a mileage of 25.5 Kmpl.
Honda received 23,000 booking in less than four months after launch, as a result, the company planned to increase production of the WR-V in India from 3,400 units a month to about 5,000 units a month in order to reduce waiting period. Honda received 45,000 booking since launch in March 2017 and deliveries reached over 29,000. Waiting period for delivery has at one time reached 3 months.
- "Honda Fit based crossover WR-V starts to sell in March 2017". 7car. 2017-02-06. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Honda Launches WR-V Compact SUV, Prices Start from Rs 7.75 Lakh". The Quint. 2017-03-16. Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- "Honda Exhibits World Premiere of Planned Production Model of All-new WR-V Compact SUV at Sao Paulo International Motor Show 2016". Honda world. Honda. 9 November 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Honda WR-V". Honda Cars India. Honda Cars India. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "All-New Honda WR-V Launched In India". CarWhoops.
- Jayachandran, Aravind. "Honda WR-V launched in Brazil at BRL 79,400 (15 Mar 2017)". IndianAutosBlog.com. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Vig, Pankaj. "Compare Honda WR-V Vs Fiat Avventura Vs Hyundai i20 Active". AutoPortal. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Chakravarty, Shubhodeep (16 March 2017). "Honda WR-V launched at starting price of Rs 7.75 lakh". Times of India. TIMESOFINDIA.COM. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- "Honda to increase WR-V production to reduce waiting period". The Economic Times. 19 Jul 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Thakkar, Ketan; Mukherjee, Sharmistha (25 Oct 2017). "Honda crosses over to 20 per cent growth track". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "PV sales headed for record year, SUVs continue charge in May 2017". Autocar Professional. Retrieved 6 November 2017.