|Predecessor||Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda NX4 Falcon
|Engine||291 cc (17.8 cu in), DOHC, 4-valve, air-cooled, single|
|Bore / stroke||79 mm × 59.5 mm (3.11 in × 2.34 in)|
|Transmission||5 speed, wet multi-plate clutch, chain drive manual|
|Suspension||Front: telescopic fork, 245mm travel
Rear: Pro-link 225mm travel
|Brakes||Front: single 256 mm disc, two-piston caliper (base) or three-piston caliper (C-ABS)
Rear: single 220m disc, single-piston caliper
Optional Combined ABS
|Tires||Front: 90/90 - 21"M/C (54S)
Rear: 120/80 - 18"M/C (62S)
Metzeler Enduro 3
|Wheelbase||1,417 mm (55.8 in)|
|Dimensions||L: 2,171 mm (85.5 in)
W: 830 mm (33 in)
H: 1,181 mm (46.5 in)
|Seat height||860 mm (34 in)|
|Fuel capacity||13.6 L (3.6 US gal)|
|Oil capacity||2 L (0.53 US gal)|
The Honda XRE 300 is a single-cylinder dual-sport motorcycle designed and manufactured by Honda in Brazil. It was launched in August 2009 to simultaneously replace the Japanese firm's two South American on/off-road motorcycles: the XR250 Tornado and the NX4 Falcon. Unlike these motorcycles' 250 cc and 400 cc engines, the fuel-injected (Programmed fuel injection) 300 cc engine in the XRE300 meets Brazil's new PROMOT 3 emissions rules.[better source needed] It has an anti-lock brake (ABS) option.
There are different versions of the same model:
- Brazil initial Model 2009 - 2014
- Brazil, Colombia 2015 - Current
- Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, 2017 - current
- New digital LCD Display
Since 2014 the motorcycle include new improvements such as:
- new viscosus air filter technology
- new iridium spark plug
- The fuel pump is inside the fuel tank
- Tizzani, Aldo (1 June 2009). "Honda XRE 300 substituirá Tornado e Falcon" (in Portuguese). Webmotors. Archived from the original on June 21, 2009. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- Ghigonetto, Ricardo (1 June 2009). "XRE 300: sofisticação e versatilidade no asfalto e na terra" (in Portuguese). Honda Brasil. Archived from the original on 2009-06-09. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- "Honda XRE 300 Website" (in Portuguese). Honda Brasil. Archived from the original on 28 August 2009. Retrieved 25 August 2009.
- Arruda, Lucídio (7 July 2009). "Substituta da Tornado chega mais sofisticada e com nova proposta" (in Portuguese). MotoX.com.br. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- Reportagens. "Operacional" (in Portuguese). Revistaoperacional.com.br. Retrieved 2015-11-13.
- "XRE 300 | Honda Motocicletas". www.honda.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- Molina, Daniel. "PubliMotos - Prueba Honda XRE 300". www.publimotos.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-04-02.
|This motorcycle, scooter or moped-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|