Honda of Canada Manufacturing
The Honda of Canada Manufacturing (HCM) plants in Alliston are built on 450 acres (1.8 km2) of land and have their own recreation centre with a full NHL-sized hockey arena, physical fitness areas, a baseball diamond, and volleyball and tennis courts. The large cavernous plants require radios between members for communication and cold water chillers for HVAC systems.
Currently[when?], the two main plants have approximately 4,600 employees and have an annual capacity of 390,580 cars per year. Plant 1 was built in 1986. A stamping and bumper painting line was added in 1989. Honda's second plant in Alliston began production in 1998, originally building Honda Odyssey vans for the 1999 model year. Production of the Odyssey in Canada stopped in 2004 to make room for the Ridgeline. Production of the Honda Pilot in Canada stopped in 2007 to allow Civic sedans to be built in Plant 2.
November 12, 2008 saw the end of Ridgeline production at the Alliston Assembly facility. Ridgeline production has been moved to Honda's Alabama assembly line. The discontinuance of Ridgeline production would make room for more Civic production at Plant 2.
January 29, 2009 Honda announced further reductions in production at the Alliston plant. "One assembly line at the facility will go from two daily work shifts to one. Output of Civic and Acura MDX models made on the line will be halved from 800 units a day to 400 units." 
In early 2012, Honda of Canada Manufacturing became Honda's first plant in North America to produce four distinct models: Civic, CR-V, MDX and ZDX from the same production line, demonstrating its flexibility and capability.
On March 28, 2013, the last Acura MDX rolled off the assembly line in Alliston. Production was moved to Honda's Alabama plant. Since 2000 (2001 model year), a total of 713,158 MDXs were manufactured at HCM. Honda of Canada Manufacturing now builds Civics and CR-Vs only.
|Plant||Location||Year opened||Year closed||Notes|
|Alliston Plant 1||Alliston, Ontario||1986||Models:
|Alliston Plant 2||Alliston, Ontario||1998||Models:|
- "HONDA OF CANADA MFG. EXPANDS EXPORT DESTINATIONS WITH EUROPEAN SPEC CR-V (Mar 31, 2015)". world.honda.com. Honda. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Honda to build Ridgeline in Alabama, Automotive News, dated 11 March 2008, last accessed 20 October 2016
- "Honda to open new Alliston plant". CBC. May 17, 2006. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Honda to build new engine plant in Alliston, Ontario". autos.ca. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "McGuinty Government Partners With Honda Canada To Bring Innovative Engine Facility To Ontario". Gov't of Ontario. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Honda Opens New Engine Plant In Ontario (Sep 25, 2008)". world.honda.com. Honda. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- National Post Honda to cut global production further; To lower output at Alliston, Ont. by 9,000 vehicles. Van Praet, Nicolas. Jan 28, 2009. pg. FP.4
- "CANADIAN PRODUCTION OF THE ALL-NEW 2012 HONDA CR-V BEGINS AT HONDA OF CANADA MFG. IN ALLISTON, ON (Jan 23, 2012)". hondanews.ca. Honda Canada Inc. Retrieved 28 January 2017.