Dutch theatrical poster
|Directed by||Bille Woodruff|
|Produced by||Paul Hellerman|
|Screenplay by||Blayne Weaver
|Music by||Sam Retzer
|Edited by||Paul Millspaugh|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios|
|Box office||$8,775,693 (foreign)|
Honey 2 is a dance film which is a sequel to the 2003 film Honey, directed by Bille Woodruff, who directed the original film. It stars Katerina Graham, Randy Wayne, Melissa Molinaro, Lonette McKee (reprising her role from Honey) and Audrina Patridge. The film was released to cinemas in Britain on June 10, 2011 and direct to DVD in North America.
|This section needs an improved plot summary. (October 2013)|
A talented but very troubled young dancer tries to turn her life around by focusing on her one true passion, Dancing and trains a young crew to compete against one of the best dance crews in the country in this sequel from original Honey director Bille Woodruff. Seventeen-year-old Maria Bennett (Kat Graham) decides to return to the Bronx, and become a professional dancer, after she gets out of juvie. With the support of Honey's mother Connie (Lonette McKee), Maria is able to get a decent job, and begins training in the same studio where she learned how dance. Later a volunteer Brandon recognizes Maria's talent, and recruits her to help get a promising young dance crew known as the HD's into shape. But temptation soon shows up in the form of Maria's ex-boyfriend Luis, the leader of the 718 crew, and a fierce dancer who doesn't take competition lightly. Recognizing her one chance to break free of Luis' influence and stay positive, Maria joins the HD's and prepares to go toe-to-toe with reigning champs the 718's on national television. If Maria and her new crew can just come out on top, she'll finally be able to cut her ties from the past, and follow in the footsteps of her idol Honey.
- Katerina Graham as Maria Bennett
- Randy Wayne as Brandon
- Melissa Molinaro as Carla
- Audrina Patridge as Melinda
- Lonette McKee as Connie Daniels
- Christopher 'War' Martinez as Luis
- Brittany Perry-Russell as Lyric
- Seychelle Gabriel as Tina
- Tyler Nelson as Darnell
- Casper Smart as Ricky
- Kallie Loudon as Julissa
- Gerry Bednob as Mr. Kapoor
- Brandon Molale as Officer Gordon
- Brandon Gonzales as Officer Blaine
- Rosero McCoy as Jonas
- Laurieann Gibson as Katrina
- Mario Lopez as Himself
- Alexis Jordan as Herself
- "Honey 2 (2011)". Boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Clint’s Bits – May 5, 2010". Moviehole. 2010-05-05. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Honey-2 - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|