This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dutch theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bille Woodruff|
|Produced by||Paul Hellerman|
|Screenplay by||Blayne Weaver
|Story by||Blayne Weaver|
by Alonzo Brown
|Music by||Sam Retzer
|Edited by||Paul Millspaugh|
|Distributed by||Universal Studios|
Honey 2 is a 2011 American dance film and a sequel to the 2003 film Honey, directed by Bille Woodruff, who directed the original film. It stars Katerina Graham, Randy Wayne, Seychelle Gabriel and Lonette McKee. The film was released to cinemas in United Kingdom on June 10, 2011 and on direct to DVD in the United States on February 21, 2012.
The film was followed by a sequel, Honey 3: Dare to Dance (2016).
17-year-old Maria Bennett (Katerina Graham) returns from prison to rebuild her life with nothing but a talent for street dance and a burning ambition to prove herself. She finds refuge in the place that made her feel most alive as a kid at the rec center where Honey's exuberant classes first ignited her passion for dance. Keeping on the straight and narrow means living with Honey's mother Connie (Lonette McKee) and holding down a job just to make ends meet. She joins the HD crew to give pay back to her old crew (the 718 Crew) and ex-boyfriend Luis (Christopher Martinez) after realizing the bad influence they had on her. She convinces them to audition to compete on the television dance competition "Dance Battlezone" which means going up against the 718. Maria finds passion, romance, and hard work in the HD crew while realizing why she started dancing in the first place.
- Katerina Graham as Maria Bennett
- Randy Wayne as Brandon
- Seychelle Gabriel as Tina
- Lonette McKee as Connie Daniels
- Beau "Casper" Smart as Ricky
- Gerry Bednob as Mr. Kapoor
- Tyler Nelson as Darnell
- Christopher 'War' Martinez as Luis
- Brittany Perry-Russell as Lyric
- Melissa Molinaro as Carla
- Alexis Jordan as Herself
- Audrina Patridge as Hot Celebrity Judge
- Mario Lopez as Celebrity Host
- Laurie Ann Gibson as Katrina
The film received generally negative reviews with a 10% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Honey 2 (2011)". Boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Honey-2 - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|