Honey Creek, Pottawattamie County, Iowa
|Honey Creek, Iowa|
|Elevation||1,014 ft (309 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||464584|
Honey Creek was founded in the 1860s when the Chicago and North Western Railway was extended to that point. The community took its name from nearby Honey Creek. A post office was established in Honey Creek in 1868, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1990.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Honey Creek, Pottawattamie County, Iowa, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-04-30. Accessed 2008-04-08.
- Zip Code Lookup
- History of Pottawattamie County, Iowa: Containing a History from the Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. O. L. Baskin & Company. 1883. p. 278.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 84.
- "Pottawattamie County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Honey Creek Post Office (historical)
|This article about the geography of Pottawattamie County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|