Honey Creek Mall
Honey Creek Mall
|Location||Terre Haute, Indiana, U.S.|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties|
|No. of stores and services||85+|
|No. of anchor tenants||4 (2 open, 2 vacant)|
The mall opened in 1968 as Honey Creek Square. The complex was expanded in 1973 and 1981 and was renovated in 1992 and 2007. In 1999, a management contract for the mall was awarded to Trammell Crow Faison Regional Mall Services, a unit of Trammell Crow Co. of Dallas.
As of October 2018, its active anchor stores are J. C. Penney, and Vendors' Village antique mall. Carson's and Macy's closed their stores at the Mall in 2018, and Sears closed in 2019. Vendors Village opened in the former Carson's space in November 2018.
In 1983, the city of Terre Haute annexed the land on which the mall was situated.
On January 3, 2018, Macy's announced that they would close their store at the mall. This store closed in March 2018. In April 2018, Carson’s parent company Bon-Ton filed for bankruptcy and closed all of its stores. In October 2018, Sears Holdings filed for bankruptcy and announced the closure of 142 stores including the unit at Honey Creek Mall.
- Hughes, Frances (August 17, 1966). "New shopping center ready for construction". Terre Haute Star. p. 1.
- CBL & Associates Properties Acquires Two Malls from Client Advised by Faison & Associates for $202 Million. Business Wire, March 15, 2004
- "Retail Traffic, Apr 1, 2004 – CBL Reinvests Profits". Archived from the original on 2006-10-24. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- TribStar October 30, 2007 11:36 pm, Honey Creek Mall unveils first comprehensive renovation since 1992 Archived September 12, 2012, at Archive.today
- Shopping Center World, February, 1999, "Management Contracts"
- "Vendors' Village opens at Honey Creek Mall". Terre Haute Tribune-Star. 20 November 2018. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2013-06-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Terre Haute Sears Store Slated for Closing". Terre Haute Tribune-Star. 15 October 2018. Retrieved 15 October 2018.