Honey Popcorn (Hangul: 허니팝콘) is a girl group based in South Korea formed by Kyun Create, consisting of Yua Mikami, Moko Sakura, Nako Miyase, Ruka Tajima, and Sara Izumi. The group debuted on March 21, 2018 with album Bibidi Babidi Boo.
In February 2018, Yua Mikami announced that she would debut in South Korea with a new girl group with Miko Matsuda and Moko Sakura. Prior to this, all three girls had worked as idol singers in Japan, with Mikami as a member of SKE48, Matsuda as a member of NMB48, and Sakura as a member of Bakusute Sotokanda Icchome (a sub-unit of Akihabara Backstage Pass). The group was funded by Mikami herself as a passion project. Their debut was met with controversy by South Korean media outlets due to the members being adult film actresses. On December 23, 2018, Miko Matsuda announced on her Twitter that she will be graduating from the group. In June 2019, Nako Miyase, Ruka Tajima and Sara Izumi joined the group.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Sales|
|Bibidi Babidi Boo||18||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Bibidi Babidi Boo"||2018||—||—||Bibidi Babidi Boo|
|"Pretty Lie 喜歡和你一起"||—||—||N/A|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that region.|
- "Japanese adult video stars create a K-pop group". Korea Joongang Daily.
- "Porn Stars-Turned K-Pop Group Honey Popcorn to Drop First EP This Month". Korea Portal. 2018-02-28.
- "三上悠亜ら「HONEY POPCORN」韓国デビュー決定". Model Press (in Japanese). 2018-02-28. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Japanese adult video stars launch K-pop group, spark divisive debate". Yonhap News. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- "【出道唔夠一年】三上悠亞為首Honey Popcorn 成員松田美子宣佈退團". hk.entertainment.appledaily.com (in Chinese). December 23, 2018. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- "Gaon Album Chart". Gaon Music Chart.
- "2018년 03월 Album Chart".
- "2019년 07월 Album Chart".
|This article on a Korean band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|