|Origin||Saint Louis, Missouri, United States|
|Years active||1999–2001, 2005–present|
|Past members||Jack Kirkner|
Honeytribe is an American blues rock band formed in Saint Louis, Missouri. The founder and bandleader is Devon Allman, son of Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band, who is the lead guitarist, vocalist, and frontman. The other members are George Potsos on bass, and Gabriel Strange on drums In October 2012, Allman confirmed that Honeytribe was going on hiatus, while he continues to tour with Royal Southern Brotherhood and prepares for a tour to support his new solo album.
Honeytribe was formed by Devon Allman in 1999. In 2001, the band broke up so Allman could spend time with his newly born son. They reformed in 2005 and started Honeytribe's path as a career: making records and touring. They have toured throughout North America and Europe
Origin of Band Name
The name of the band is attributed to former member Marko (Mark Oyarzabal). According to Devon, one day the two of them were driving, and trying to think of names. They discussed how their dynamic sound could be super smooth and delicate, and also big, bad and fierce, and that they needed a name to reflect that dichotomy. Marko's first idea was "Honeytribe?", and Devon agreed with "Yeah! Sweet like honey, fierce like a tribe, it's perfect!"
Space Age Blues
Space Age Blues is the second album by Devon Allman's Honeytribe. It was released in Europe on October 12, 2010, and in U.S.A on October 25, 2010. In addition to the power-trio of Devon Allman, George Potsos and Gabriel Strange, the album also contains appearances by Huey Lewis on harmonica and Ron Holloway on tenor saxophone.
- Devon Allman – guitar, vocals (1999–2001, 2005–present)
- George Potsos – bass guitar (1999–2001, 2005–2011
- Gabriel Strange – drums (2008–2011
- Mark Oyarzabal – drums (1999–2001, 2005–2008)
- Jack Kirkner – keyboards (1999–2001, 2005–2008)
- Justin Hanson – drums (2011–2012)
- Steve Duerst – bass guitar (2008–2009)
- JamVAW. (June 4, 2006). "LIVEWIRE RECORDINGS SIGNS DEVON ALLMAN'S HONEYTRIBE". Jam Base. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- Allman Brothers Band Forum
- "Flag Live online: your source for the events and culture of northern Arizona". Archived from the original on 2007-09-20. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- Honeytribe leader makes name of his own
- An Interview with Devon Allman - Like Father, Like Son (by Rhys Williams, December 06, 2006) Archived July 25, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Devon Allman's Honeytribe Rocks the Yard - Arts & Entertainment". Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Glide Magazine Reviews - Devon Allman's Honeytribe: Torch
- Devon Allman’s Honeytribe - Music - The Phoenix
- Devon Allman's Honeytribe: Torch on JamBase
- "Technique - September 29, 2006 - 'Nique writers review new buzz-worthy album releases". Archived from the original on September 29, 2007. Retrieved August 29, 2007.
- An Interview with Devon Allman - Like Father, Like Son
- "Gabriel Strange biography". Archived from the original on 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2011-09-25.