Hong Kong Australians
||This article possibly contains original research. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article may document a neologism in such a manner as to promote it. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|71,803 (by birth, 2006) (excluding descendants who were born in Australia, and first-generation immigrants who were born elsewhere)|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Majority Buddhist, Taoist, Confucian; Roman Catholic, Anglican, Protestant, Other.|
According to the 2006 Australian census, 71,803 Australians were born in Hong Kong; a figure that would exclude first-generation immigrants from Hong Kong who were born elsewhere, as well as descendants of immigrants who were born in Australia. The corresponding figure on ancestry was not collected. It is not known whether non-citizen residents and international students were covered in these figures. 
According to Ethnologue, there were 244,553 Cantonese speakers in Australia, a significant proportion of which would be immigrants from Hong Kong and their children, especially amongst those migrated to Australia in the 1990s and before.
Notable Hong Kong Australians
- Moses Chan – actor, presenter and model
- Queenie Chan – comic artist
- Stephanie Jacobsen – actress
- Michael Johnson – politician and former MHR for electorate of Ryan
- Anna Choy – actress
- Benjamin Law – writer and journalist
- Clara Law – film director (born in Macau)
- John So – 102nd Lord Mayor of Melbourne
- Alfred Tsang – former mayor of Strathfield, NSW
- John Young – artist
- Julian Cheung–actor, presenter, model
- "20680-Country of Birth of Person (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2010-01-06. Total count of persons: 19,855,288.
- "20680-Ancestry (full classification list) by Sex - Australia" (Microsoft Excel download). 2006 Census. Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2010-01-06. Total responses: 25,451,383 for total count of persons: 19,855,288.
|This Australia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an ethnic group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|