Hong Kong International Theme Parks
|Hong Kong Disneyland Resort|
|Hong Kong International Theme Parks|
Hong Kong International Theme Parks Ltd. (HKITP) is an incorporated company jointly owned by The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) and the Government of Hong Kong, founded in 1999. It owns and operates the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, on Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
At the start, the Hong Kong Government held a 57% stake, while The Walt Disney Company had 43%. But after the expansion plans were announced in 2009, when The Walt Disney Company invested HK$3.63 billion (US$465 million), Hong Kong Government's holdings were reduced to 52% while The Walt Disney Company's shares increased to 48%.
Board of directors
The Board of HKITP has a membership of 11 directors. The Hong Kong Government appoints five directors while the Walt Disney Company appoints four directors. Two independent non-executive directors are jointly appointed by the Hong Kong Government and the Walt Disney Company. Chairmanship rotates annually between the government-appointed directors and the Disney-appointed directors.
- Chairman: Paul Chan Mo-po, Financial Secretary, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Albert Au Siu Cheung, Independent Non-Executive Director of HKITP; Special Advisor, BDO Limited
- Payson Cha Mou Sing, Independent Non-Executive Director of HKITP; Chairman of HKR International Limited
- Betty Choi Man Yee, Chief Counsel - Asia Parks & Resorts, The Walt Disney Company (Asia Pacific) Limited
- Michael Colglazier, President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Jill Estorino, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing & Sales, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Andrew M. Hopkins, Senior Vice President, Global Development, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- James Lau, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Joe Wong Chi Cho, Commissioner for Tourism, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Michael Wong Wai-lun, Secretary for Development, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Edward Yau, Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is owned by the HKITP and operated by a fully owned Disney company, the Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited.
The managing director of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is Samuel Lau, who reports to Michael Colglazier, President and Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Samuel Lau
- Vice President & Chief Financial Officer—Miriam Im
- Vice President, Human Resources—Wai Quen Chan
- Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs—Linda Choy
- Vice President, Marketing—Edward Goh
- Vice President, Operations—Damien Lee
- Director, Revenue Management and Analytics—Mary Ann Say
- Vice President, Sales and Hotel Operations—Terruce Wang
- Director, Head of Project Management—Paul Webb-Johnson
- Director, Entertainment & Costuming—Annie Wharmby
- Assistant Chief Counsel - Head of Legal—Rita Tang
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Andrew Kam (2008–2016)
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Bill Ernest (2006–2008; President of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Asia, 2008–2018)
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Don Robinson (2001–2006)