Hong Kong International Theme Parks
|Hong Kong Disneyland Resort|
|Hong Kong International Theme Parks|
Hong Kong International Theme Parks Ltd. (HKITP) is an incorporated company jointly owned by The Walt Disney Company and the Government of Hong Kong, founded in 1999. It owns and operates the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, on Lantau Island, Hong Kong.
At the start, the Hong Kong Government held a 57% stake, while The Walt Disney Company had 43%. Following the announcement of expansion plans in 2009, in which The Walt Disney Company invested HK$3.63 billion (US$465 million), Hong Kong Government's holdings were reduced to 52% while The Walt Disney Company's shares increased to 48%.
Board of directors
The Board of HKITP has a membership of 11 directors. The Hong Kong Government appoints five directors while the Walt Disney Company appoints four directors. Two independent non-executive directors are jointly appointed by the Hong Kong Government and the Walt Disney Company. Chairmanship rotates annually between the government-appointed directors and the Disney-appointed directors.
- Chairman: Michael Colglazier, President and Managing Director, Disney Parks International
- Payson Cha Mou Sing, Independent Non-Executive Director of HKITP; Chairman of HKR International Limited
- Paul Chan Mo-po, Financial Secretary, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Jill Estorino, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing & Sales, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Wilson Fung Ying Wai, Independent Non-Executive Director of HKITP
- James Lau, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- David Ontko, Chief Counsel-DLR/ Int’l Parks & Resorts
- Jeff Swindell, Vice President, Finance, Parks East, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Joe Wong Chi Cho, Commissioner for Tourism, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Michael Wong Wai-lun, Secretary for Development, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
- Edward Yau, Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is owned by the HKITP and operated by a fully owned Disney company, the Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited.
The managing director of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is Stephanie Young, who reports to Michael Colglazier, President and Managing Director, Disney Parks International.
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Stephanie Young
- Vice President & Chief Financial Officer—Miriam Im
- Vice President, Human Resources—Wai Quen Chan
- Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs—Linda Choy
- Vice President, Commercial Strategy—Edward Goh
- Director, Revenue Management and Analytics—Mary Ann Say
- Director, Head of Project Management—Paul Webb-Johnson
- Director, Entertainment & Costuming—Annie Wharmby
- Assistant Chief Counsel - Head of Legal—Rita Tang
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Samuel Lau (2016–2019)
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Andrew Kam (2008–2016)
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Bill Ernest (2006–2008; President of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Asia, 2008–2018)
- Managing Director, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort—Don Robinson (2001–2006)