Hong Kong Museum of Art
|Hong Kong Museum of Art|
The Hong Kong Museum of Art (Chinese: 香港藝術館) is the main art museum of Hong Kong, located in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. It is managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department of the Hong Kong Government. A separate branch museum, the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware, is situated in Hong Kong Park in Central.
The museum changes its displays regularly. The exhibitions in the museum are mainly of paintings, calligraphy and sculpture from Hong Kong, China and other parts of the world. It has cooperated with other museums as well.
The museum was established as the City Hall Museum and Art Gallery in the City Hall in Central by the Urban Council in 1962. This was split into the Hong Kong Museum of History and the Hong Kong Museum of Art in July 1975. The Museum of History moved to Kowloon Park in 1983. Before leaving City Hall in 1991, the art museum occupied the 8th (rear portion), 9th, 10th, and 11th storeys of the High Block. These floors now house a public library.
The museum is within walking distance of both East Tsim Sha Tsui Station and Tsim Sha Tsui Station of the Mass Transit Railway (MTR). It is even nearer the Tsim Sha Tsui Ferry Pier, which offers services to Wan Chai and Central.
- See Official website - contact us
- "Hong Kong Museum of Art / Flagstaff House of Museum of Tea Ware". hk.art.museum. Retrieved 8 October 2019.
- "About the Museum". Leisure and Cultural Services Department. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Hong Kong Museum of History to celebrate 40th anniversary with public". Information Services Department. 16 July 2015.
- "Hong Kong Museum of Art, Designation of Premises as a Museum and as a Civic Centre". Urban Council. 5 October 1991. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- Chow, Vivienne (14 February 2013). "Museum of Art to get a facelift". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Expansion and Renovation of the Hong Kong Museum of Art" (PDF). Legislative Council Panel on Home Affairs. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Breaking News! Hong Kong Museum of Art is about to Close for a Makeover!". Hong Kong Museum of Art. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hong Kong Museum of Art.|
|This article related to a museum in Hong Kong is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an art display, art museum or gallery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|