The Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office of the State Council is an administrative agency of the State Council of the People's Republic of China responsible for promoting cooperation and coordination of political, economic and cultural ties between Mainland China and the Chinese Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau.
The agency was established in 1978, and has been headed by the Director of the Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office. There are deputy directors which assist the director in running the office.
The agency answers to the State Council of the People's Republic of China as well as the Central Coordination Group for Hong Kong and Macau Affairs.
List of Directors
- Liao Chengzhi (1978–1983)
- Ji Pengfei (1983–1990)
- Lu Ping (1990–1997)
- Liao Hui (1997–2010)
- Wang Guangya (2010–present)
- Department of Secretary and Administration (Department of Personnel)
- Department of General Affairs
- Department of Policy and Research
- Department of Liaison
- Department of Exchange and Cooperation
- Department of Law
- Institutional Party Committee