Hong Kong national rugby sevens team
|Union||Hong Kong Rugby Football Union|
|World Cup Sevens|
|Appearances||7 (2018) (First in 1993)|
|Best result||10th (1997)|
|East Asian Games|
|2009 Hong Kong||Team|
The Hong Kong national rugby sevens team is a regular participant in the Rugby World Cup Sevens. The team's greatest achievements include winning the Gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta and winning the Asian Sevens Series in 2012, 2014 and 2016. Their current coach is Paul John. Formerly Dai Rees was the head coach.
The Hong Kong Rugby Sevens team and the Women's sevens team has been granted elite sport status by the Hong Kong Sports Institute on 1 April 2013, which means the HKRFU national sevens teams will receive an annual stipend to be distributed to qualified players from the target teams.
In November 2013, former Wales sevens coach Gareth Baber took over as head of the men's rugby sevens programme at the Hong Kong Sports Institute. At the same time, Dai Rees was promoted to be the HKRFU's head of technical development and performance.
Rugby World Cup Sevens
|Rugby World Cup Sevens Record|
|Asian Games record|
Squad to 2018 Asian Games:
- Ben Rimene (Captain)
- Lee Jones
- Michael Coverdale
- Max Woodward
- Liam Herbert
- Jamie Hood
- Hugo Stiles
- Alessandro Nardoni
- Max Denmark
- Eric Kwok
- Cado Lee
- Salom Yiu
- 2018 Asian Games Gold Medal
- 2014 Asian Games Silver Medal
- 2013 China National Games Silver Medal
- 2010 Asian Games Silver Medal
- 2009 East Asian Games Silver Medal
- 2013, 2015, 2017 Asian Sevens Series Runner-Up
- 2012, 2014, 2016 Asian Sevens Series Champions
- So Wan Ling (22 February 2013). "Bring on the big boys". The Standard. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013.
- "Rugby first team sport granted Elite Sport status". Hong Kong Rugby Union. 1 April 2013.
- "HK greet new sevens coaches". The Standard (Hong Kong). 5 November 2013. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013.