Hongik University station
Station Sign (Line 2)
|Location||160 Yanghwa-ro Jiha, 165 Donggyo-dong, |
|Operated by||Seoul Metro, Korail Airport Co., Korail|
|Line(s)||Line 2 |
|May 22, 1984||Line 2 opened|
|December 29, 2010||AREX opened|
|December 15, 2012||Gyeongui–Jungang Line opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.|
Line 2: 126,722
Gyeongui Line: 820
Hongik University Station (Korean: 홍대입구역; Hanja: 弘大入口驛; RR: Hongdae-ipgu-yeok) is a station on the Seoul Subway Line 2 as well as the AREX and the Gyeongui-Jungang Line. As its name indicates, it serves the nearby Hongik University. It was formerly known as Donggyo Station, after the neighborhood that it serves.
- Exit 4: access to the eponymous coffee shop used as filming location for 2007 Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) television drama The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince
- Exit 6: access to Hongdae Playground Park
- Exit 9: known as a busy meeting area.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hongik University Station.|
- 홍대입구역 (in Korean). Doopedia. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- 홍대입구역 (in Korean). KRIC. Retrieved 2016-07-06.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "The First Shop Of Coffee Prince". Korean TV Drama. Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- Murthy, Rishika (22 September 2011). "Seoul's 6 coolest subway stops". CNN Travel. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
toward City Hall
Jungang Express Line