Hongik University Station
|Hongik University Station|
|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 2: 126,722
Gyeongui Line: 820
|Date opened||May 22, 1984|
|Platforms/tracks||1 / 2|
|Date opened||December 29, 2010|
|Platforms/tracks||2 / 2|
|Operator||Korail Airport Co.|
|Date opened||December 15, 2012|
Hongik University Station (Hangul: 홍대입구역; hanja: 弘大入口驛; RR: Hongdae-ipgu-yeok) is a station on the Seoul Subway Line 2 as well as the AREX and Yongsan lines. As its name indicates, it serves the nearby Hongik University. It was formerly known as Donggyo Station, after the neighborhood that it serves.
- Exit 4: access to the eponymous coffee shop used as filming location for 2007 Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) television drama The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince
- Exit 6: access to Hongdae Playground Park
- Exit 9: known as a busy meeting area.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hongik University Station.|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "The First Shop Of Coffee Prince". Korean TV Drama. Korea Tourism Organization. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- Murthy, Rishika (22 September 2011). "Seoul's 6 coolest subway stops". CNN Travel. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
toward City Hall
toward Incheon Int'l Airport