Gate of Hongjiang Ancient Commercial City
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||115.09 km2 (44.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||560/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Hongjiang District (simplified Chinese: 洪江管理区; traditional Chinese: 洪江管理區; pinyin: Hóngjiāng GuǎnlǐQū) is a management area which is a part of Hongjiang City, Hunan Province, China, it is directly under the administration of Huaihua Prefecture-level City.
The former Hongjiang City was merged with Qianyang County (黔阳县; 黔陽縣) to form the present Hongjiang City in 1997. However, the local residents of the former Hongjiang City strongly resisted this merger. The antagonism and uncertainties were being played out for the first time between the residents and local authorities, and it lasted for some time. The local governments forced to give tacit consent to the status, the former Hongjiang was separated from the new Hongjiang City. As a part of Hongjiang City, the former Hongjiang was reformed as a special management area named Hongjiang District, the Hongjiang District is directly administrated by the government of Huaihua City.
- Google (2014-07-02). "Hebin Road Subdistrict Office" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Huaihua City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《怀化市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(in Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "怀化市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报" (in Chinese). Huaihua Statistical Bureau/怀化市统计局. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Official website of Hongjiang District
- (in Chinese) Introduction to Hongjiang District, official website of Huaihua government.
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|