Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
|"Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"|
|Single by Trace Adkins|
|from the album Songs About Me|
|Released||October 3, 2005|
|Length||4:01 (album version)
3:36 (radio edit)
4:00 (video remix)
|Trace Adkins singles chronology|
"Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" is a song written by Dallas Davidson, Randy Houser and Jamey Johnson, and recorded by American country music artist Trace Adkins. It was released in October 2005 as the third and final single from his album Songs About Me. The song was a crossover hit for Adkins, peaking at number 2 on the U.S. Hot Country Songs chart, and reaching the Top 40 on both the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and Pop 100 charts. It was also certified gold for more than 500,000 musical downloads. It's ringtone also received more than 75,000 downloads.
Honky Tonk Badonkadonk is also the name of a European compilation built around various mixes of the song.
According to Jamey Johnson, who co-wrote the song with Dallas Davidson and Randy Houser, the idea for "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" came when Johnson, Davidson, and Houser were watching a young woman dancing at a club. Randy Houser saw the woman as well, and came up with the title "honky tonk badonkadonk," in reference to the slang term "badonkadonk," which references shapely buttocks. Within an hour, the three had written the song.
A music video was also made, featuring an alternate, remixed version of the song. The video remix, along with two other remixes and a reprise of the original mix, are also featured on Adkins' 2006 album Dangerous Man. The song was used in the film Crank: High Voltage. Craig Ferguson used this song for his cold opening on the 1,000th episode of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
"Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" entered the Hot Country Songs chart in early 2005 at number 58 based on unsolicited airplay. The song was officially released later in that same year and debuted at number 56 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for the week of October 1, 2005. It peaked at number 2 on the country chart in early 2006, behind "Jesus, Take the Wheel" by Carrie Underwood.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Billboard Hot 100||30|
|US Billboard Pop 100||33|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||35|
- CMT.com : Trace Adkins : Adkins' "Badonkadonk" Shaking Out as Real Moneymaker
- "MonroeNews.com". MonroeNews.com. 2006-11-27. Retrieved 2011-10-04.
- Jurek, Thom (2006-06-27). "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk - Trace Adkins". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-10-04.
- CMT.com : Jamey Johnson stirs fans with "The Dollar"
- "Trace Adkins Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Trace Adkins.
- "Trace Adkins Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Trace Adkins.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.