Honnō (Ringo Sheena song)
|Single by Ringo Sheena|
|from the album Shōso Strip|
|Released||October 27, 1999|
|Genre||alternative rock, pop, jazz|
|Label||Toshiba EMI / East World|
|Ringo Sheena singles chronology|
"Honnō" (本能, "Instinct") is Japanese singer Ringo Sheena's 4th single and it was released on October 27, 1999 by Toshiba EMI / East World. The single was certified double platinum by the RIAJ for 800,000 copies shipped to stores, and later gold for 100,000 downloads to cellphones in 2011.
Honnō is taken from Sheena's second album Shōso Strip. This song is the best selling single of Shiina for the present. The music video and the jacket that Sheena dressed in the nurse smashed glass caused a great sensation. Sheena was going to release Gibs at first. But she released Honnō that she recorded earlier than Gibs instead of it because she got out of condition.
The song was used as a theme song for the music TV show Fun (Fun's Recommend #007). The song was covered as a part of a medley by Rie Tomosaka on the television show The Yoru mo Hippare on September 9, 2000. Satoko Nishikawa of Shang Shang Typhoon covered it on her solo album Hibiki in 2006, and by Dorlis on her greatest hits album Dorlis (2012).
The B-sides "Aozora" and "Rinne Highlight" were used in TV commercials for Suntory's The Cocktail Bar Love Story, "Rinne Headlight" in 1999 and "Aozora" in 2000.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
All tracks written by Ringo Sheena, arranged by Seiji Kameda & Ringo Sheena.
|1.||"Honnō (本能 Instinct)"||4:16|
|2.||"Aozora (あおぞら Blue Sky)"||4:19|
|3.||"Rin-ne Highlight (輪廻ハイライト Transmigration Highlights)"||3:28|
|Japan Oricon weekly singles||2|
|Japan RIAJ Digital Track Chart||35|
Sales and certifications
|Oricon physical sales||998,000|
|RIAJ physical certification||2× Platinum (800,000)|
|RIAJ cellphone download certification||Gold (100,000)|
Credits and personnel
- Vocals: Ringo Sheena
- Guitars: Yukio Nagoshi
- Bass guitars: Seiji Kameda
- Piano: Yuta Saito
- Drums: Masayuki Muraishi
- Synthesizer Programming: Nobuhiko Nakayama
- Vocals, Whistle: Ringo Sheena
- Guitars: Susumu Nishikawa
- Bass guitars: Seiji Kameda
- Organ: Yuta Saito
- Synthesizer: Makoto Minagawa
- Fluegelhorn: Yokan Mizue
- Drums, percussion, Toys: Koichi Asakura "Asa-Chang" (from Asa-Chang & Junray, ex-Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra)
- Synthesizer Operator: Nobuhiko Nakayama
Music video cast
- Vocal & Nurse: Ringo Sheena
- Electric bass guitar & Doctor: Yasunobu Torii (from Panicsmile, Gaji)
- Others: Kunihiro Suda (He is an actor. Sheena and he was the same class in high school.)
- This song is written in a Japanese lyrics sounding like an English lyrics by force. Actually, it is English lyrics.
- 「本能」 椎名林檎 (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- "レコード協会調べ 2011年11月02日～2011年11月08日 ＜略称：レコ協チャート（「着うたフル(R)」）＞" [Record Association Investigation: November 2, 2011 to November 8, 2011 (For Short: Recokyō Chart (Chaku-uta Full))]. RIAJ (in Japanese). November 11, 2011. Archived from the original on March 9, 2012. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」" [Oricon Ranking Information Service 'You Big Tree']. Oricon. Retrieved April 21, 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- "GOLD ALBUM 他認定作品 2000年1月度" [Gold Albums, and other certified works. January 2000 Edition] (PDF). The Record (Bulletin) (in Japanese). Chūō, Tokyo: Recording Industry Association of Japan. 484: 8. March 10, 2000. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 17, 2014. Retrieved January 17, 2014.
- レコード協会調べ 6月度有料音楽配信認定 [Record Association Investigation: June Digital Music Download Certifications]. RIAJ (in Japanese). July 20, 2011. Retrieved December 13, 2013.