From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some popular usages of hooah include:
- HOOAH! Bar – a US military energy bar
- Hooyah – the United States Navy Sea, Air and Land (SEAL) commando equivalent
- Huzzah – an 16th-century equivalent
- Oorah – the United States Marine Corps and United States Coast Guard equivalent
- "ANAD participates in Veterans Day events". U.S. Army. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "Soldier-Speak: A Brief Guide to Modern Military Jargon". U.S. Army. 2015-03-8. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- – U.S. Army Hooah Race
- Under the entry for HOOAH
- Snopes inquiry
- Some additional resource to the effect that "HUA" is indeed the proper usage from radio operators as "Heard, Understood, and Acknowledged" as opposed to a bacronym