Hoogwoud in 2014
The town centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Hoogwoud in the municipality of Opmeer.
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Hoogwoud (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɦoːxʋʌut]; West Frisian: Hougwoud) is a town in the Dutch province of North Holland. It is a part of the municipality of Opmeer, and lies about 9 kilometres (5.6 mi) northeast of Heerhugowaard.
In 2001, the town of Hoogwoud had 3170 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.92 km², and contained 1226 residences. The statistical area "Hoogwoud", which also can include the peripheral parts of the village, as well as the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 3350.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001. (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005. As of 1 January 2005.
- Media related to Hoogwoud at Wikimedia Commons
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Hoogwoud". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|