|Birth name||Johnston Farrugia|
|Born||23 September 1980|
Johnston Farrugia (born 23 September 1980), better known by his stage name Hooligan (or Hooli), is a Maltese rapper. He is known for being a pioneer in hip hop music in the Maltese language. Although most of his songs are in Maltese, he has a few songs in English.
Hooligan's career began in 2002, when he worked on the opening theme song of a Smash Television show. In February 2003, he released his debut album Oriġinali Bħali, and it was an immediate hit in Malta. After this success, he performed in many musical events in Malta and Gozo. In summer 2004, he released the single Nieħdu Buzz, which was followed by his second album Hooliġinali in 2006. Hooliġinali also included a music video of Nieħdu Buzz.
- Oriġinali Bħali (2003)
- Hooliġinali (2006)
- Triloġinali (2012)
- Nieħdu Buzz (2004)
- Portelli, Joseph (31 October 2013). "Music News Malta interview Janvil & Hooligan from Festival Internazzjonali tal-Kanzunetta Maltija 2013 Finalists". Music-News.com. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018.
- "'Hooliginali' – Hooligan's New release". The Malta Independent. 10 September 2006. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- "About". Hooligan Malta - Facebook. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- Azzoppardi, Doris (February 2009). "Il-Hooligan B'Qalb Tad-Deheb". Soċjetà Mużikali Santa Marija Qrendi (in Maltese). Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- Cocks, Joanne (18 July 2012). "Rapper Hooligan takes a look at life". Times of Malta. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- Bugeja, Michael (29 July 2012). "Hooligan releases his third album". Times of Malta. Archived from the original on 2 May 2019.
|This Maltese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to hip hop music is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|