Hoopla (digital media service)
hoopla digital (also known as "hoopla") is a digital content platform that provides a wide range of digital content including movies, music, ebooks, comics, graphic novels, TV series and more. hoopla allows content to be accessed thru a web browser, iOS device, Android device, or Amazon’s Kindle reader. hoopla allows content to be streamed on most modern web browsers and downloaded or streamed on the mobile platforms. hoopla is a subsidiary of of the Holland, Ohio-based company Midwest Tape.
Subscriptions through public libraries enable patrons to "borrow" (in other words, have temporary access to) audiobooks, comics, ebooks, movies, music, and television shows online. The library pays a fee but library patrons get the service at no extra charge. Hoopla offers associated apps for Android and iOS devices.
Hoopla's parent company, Midwest Tape LLC, is a library vendor of audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, and other media co-founded by Jeff Jankowski. Midwest Tape began business in 1989; its president as of 2012 is John Eldred.
- "Netflix-style on demand streaming movies, TV & audio coming to the Los Angeles Public Library", 89.3 KPCC, Southern California Public Radio, March 5, 2013
- "Reviews: Beta Testers Weigh In On Hoopla", Library Journal, April 29, 2013
- "Borrow free digital video, music, and audiobooks with your library card". hoopladigital.com. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Magazines, movies and more". Holland Sentinel. December 6, 2013.
- Enis, Matt (May 21, 2015). "hoopla Adds Ebooks and Comics, Develops "Action View" Technology for App". Library Journal.
- "Holland firm repacks, sells DVDs, CDs, audio books", Toledo Blade, May 20, 2012
- "Midwest Tape". Toledo, Ohio: Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Official website
- "Midwest Tape Launches Hoopla Pilot for Pay-Per-Circ Streaming Media". Digital Shift. Media Source. March 4, 2013.
- "Buyers Guide: Midwest Tape", American Libraries, American Library Association
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|