Hoover vs. The Kennedys
Hoover vs. The Kennedys: The Second Civil War is a four-hour 1987 made-for-television mini-series depicting the political struggles between FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover and President John F. Kennedy and Attorney-General Robert F. Kennedy. The film takes place between the 1960 Democratic National Convention in July 1960 and the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in June 1968, with the majority of the mini-series focusing on the Kennedy Administration (1961–1963).
Other sub-plots include Bobby Kennedy's frustration with his elder brother's politically risky womanizing and his often turbulent relationship with Hoover and the Civil Rights leadership of the era. The mini-series also touches on the alleged bargains Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. made with Mafia figures in order to get his son elected to the U.S. Presidency.
- Robert Pine - John F. Kennedy
- Nicholas Campbell - Robert F. Kennedy ( Gemini nominated performance)
- Jack Warden - J. Edgar Hoover
- Richard Anderson - Lyndon B. Johnson
- Barry Morse - Joseph P. Kennedy Sr.
- Marc Strange - Clyde Tolson
- Leland Gantt - Martin Luther King Jr.
- Djanet Sears - Coretta Scott King
- Heather Thomas - Marilyn Monroe
- Jennifer Dale - Jacqueline Kennedy
- Nicholas Walker - Peter Lawford
- Brioni Farrell - Judith Campbell
- Kennedy (TV miniseries)
- Prince Jack
- The Kennedys (TV miniseries)
- Cultural depictions of John F. Kennedy
New York Times Review