Fairfield Township, Shiawassee County, Michigan
|Fairfield Township, Michigan|
Location of Fairfield Township, Michigan
|• Total||25.1 sq mi (65.0 km2)|
|• Land||25.1 sq mi (65.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||745 ft (227 m)|
|• Density||29.7/sq mi (11.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1626264|
- Carland is an unincorporated community within the township at N. Carland Road and Juddville Road with coordinates of .
- Hoovers Corners is an unincorporated community within the township at Allan Road and N. Carland Road with coordinates of .
- Olney Corners is an unincorporated community within the township at Ridge and Warren Roads with coordinates of at the border with Chapin Township, Saginaw County.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 25.1 square miles (65 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 745 people, 272 households, and 205 families residing in the township. The population density was 29.7 per square mile (11.5/km²). There were 288 housing units at an average density of 11.5 per square mile (4.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.06% White, 0.27% Asian, 0.13% Pacific Islander, and 0.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.94% of the population.
There were 272 households out of which 35.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.7% were married couples living together, 6.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.3% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.74 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the township the population was spread out with 26.7% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 29.1% from 25 to 44, 24.7% from 45 to 64, and 11.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 108.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $42,188, and the median income for a family was $44,375. Males had a median income of $32,240 versus $26,750 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,327. About 6.7% of families and 10.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.5% of those under age 18 and 2.8% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Fairfield Township, Shiawassee County, Michigan
- "Village and City Histories of Shiawassee County, Michigan". Shiawassee History. Retrieved 2008-02-27.[dead link]
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carland
- SHIAWASSEE County Map. J. Shively. State of Michigan Department of Information Technology Technology Center for Genographic Information. September 2007.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hoovers Corners
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Olney Corners, Michigan