Hope Africa University
Hope Africa University is the largest and fastest growing private university in Burundi with an enrollment of 1,700 students. Hope Africa is a Christian liberal arts university in Bujumbura, Burundi and it is presided by Sylvain Nzohabonayo.
The university was established in 2000 with support of the Free Methodist Church in Karen, Kenya. It relocated to Bujumbura in December 2003. At that time it had 110 students. It is considered Burundi's best private university and receives the most applicants per year. Many of Burundi's religious, political and business leaders attend, including Denise Nkurunziza, wife of Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza.
- Hope Africa University website
- Friends of Hope Africa University
- Hope Africa University Facebook Page
- Friends of Hope Africa University Facebook Page
- Church News, Dec. 4, 2010, p. 5[full citation needed]