Hope Aur Hum
|Hope Aur Hum|
|Directed by||Sudip Bandyopadhyay|
|Produced by||Samira Bandyopadhyay|
Divya Girish Shetty
|Written by||Sudip Bandyopadhyay Neha Pawar|
|Music by||Rupert Fernandes|
|Cinematography||Ravi K. Chandran|
|Edited by||Shivkumar Panicker|
|Distributed by||PVR Pictures|
Hope Aur Hum (English: Hope and Us) is a 2018 Indian Hindi Family Drama film produced by Samira Bandopadhyay under her banner Thumbnail Pictures and directed by Sudip Bandopadhyay. The film stars Naseeruddin Shah, Sonali Kulkarni, Aamir Bashir and Naveen Kasturia in lead roles and was released on 11 May 2018.
- Naseeruddin Shah as Nagesh Srivastava (Daadu)
- Sonali Kulkarni as Adit (Daughter–in-law)
- Aamir Bashir as Neeraj (Elder Son)
- Naveen Kasturia as Nitin (Chachu)
- Kabir Sajid as Anurag
- Virti Vaghani as Tanu
- Neha Chauhan as Auto Girl
- Beena Banerjee as Nani
The idea to make this film was conceived in Kolkata during the college days of Sudip Bandyopadhyay, the director of this film, who says that the characters that he has written for the film are all based on the people that he has come across in his life. About the character of Nagesh Srivastava played by Naseeruddin Shah, the director says that, "For Nagesh’s character, I drew from people in my life: a photocopy machine owner I knew, my school headmaster, my football coach and also a little bit of me."
Director Sudip Bandyopadhyay says that he wrote the character of Nagesh Srivastava keeping Naseeruddin Shah in mind while Aamir Bashir and Naveen Kasturia were selected because of their resemblance to a young Naseeruddin Shah.
|Hope Aur Hum|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||1 May 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack of Hope Aur Hum comprises 3 songs which were composed by Rupert Fernandes while the lyrics were written by Saurabh Dikshit.
|1.||"Hope Aur Hum"||Bhoomi Trivedi & Suraj Jagan||02:59|
|2.||"Acche Bacche Rote Nahin"||Sonu Nigam||04:13|
Reza Noorani of The Times of India praised the acting performances of the film but felt it's screenplay was incoherent and gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5. Shalini Langers of The Indian Express gave the film a rating of 1.5 out of 5 and felt that the film suffers from a dull script and poor direction. Kriti Tulsiani of News18 said that the film has good intentions but is not strong enough to leave a lasting impact. Troy Ribeiro of Hindustan Times criticized the slow pacing of the film and it's outdated plot and gave the film a rating of 2 out of 5.
- "Hope Aur Hum - 11 May 2018". PVR Cinemas.
- "Naseeruddin Shah's Hope Aur Hum is a family entertainer: Director Sudip Bandyopadhyay". The Indian Express.
- "Hope Aur Hum - Official Trailer". YouTube.
- "Hope Aur Hum: First Poster of Naseeruddin Shah and Sonali Kulkarni Starrer Out". News18.
- "'It is a simple family film': Sudip Bandyopadhyay on his directorial debut 'Hope Aur Hum'". Scroll.
- "'Hope Aur Hum' is a sweet and simple family entertainer". The Times of India.
- "Hope Aur Hum (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Hope Aur Hum Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Hope Aur Hum movie review: Naseeruddin Shah deserves better". The Indian Express.
- "Hope Aur Hum Movie Review: The Film Has Its Heart In The Right Place But That's Not Enough". News18.
- "Hope Aur Hum movie review: Timid, outdated plot fails impressive performances". Hindustan Times.