Hope High School (Arkansas)
|Hope High School|
|1701 South Main Street
Hope, Arkansas 71801
1931 (Hope HS)
|School district||Hope School District|
|NCES District ID||0507840|
|NCES School ID||050784000498|
|Faculty||55.66 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.36|
|Athletics conference||5A South (2012-14)|
|Team name||Hope Bobcats|
Hope High School is a comprehensive public secondary school in Hope, Arkansas, United States. The school is the only secondary school serving grades 9 through 12. It is one of two public high schools in Hope; the other is Spring Hill High School and it is one of four high schools in Hempstead County. It is the sole high school in the Hope School District.
Hope High School's main facilities that are formed in the shape of an "H" were established in 1931 to replace Garland High School built in 1922 and which was subsequently condemned the previous year in 1930 due to poor construction.
The assumed course of study follows the Smart Core curriculum developed by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE), which requires students to complete at least 22 units to graduate. Students complete regular courses and exams and may self-select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams with the opportunity for college credit. The school is accredited by the ADE, and since 1928 by AdvancED.
The Hope High School mascot is the Bobcat with red and white serving as its school colors. For 2012-14, the Hope Bobcats compete in the 5A South Conference under the administration of the Arkansas Activities Association (AAA). Interscholastic activities include baseball, cheer, football, golf (boys/girls), softball, and track (boys/girls).
The following are notable people associated with Hope High School. If the person was a Hope High School student, the number in parentheses indicates the year of graduation; if the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are included:
- Vince Foster (1963)—Politician; lawyer, former Deputy White House Counsel to President Bill Clinton
- Mike Huckabee (1973)—Politician; 44th Governor of Arkansas (1996–2007)
- Mike Ross—Politician; U.S. Representative (Arkansas 4th congressional district)
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Hope School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Hope High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Hope (Hempstead County)". The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History & Culture. 6 September 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "School Profile, Hope High School". AdvancED. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "School Profile, Hope High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 26 October 2012.[permanent dead link]
|This Arkansas school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|