Hope and Pain
|Hope and Pain|
|Directed by||Yoji Yamada|
Hope and Pain (ダウンタウン・ヒーローズ Dauntaun Hiirōzu?) is a 1988 Japanese film directed by Yoji Yamada. It was Japan's submission to the 61st Academy Awards for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film, but was not accepted as a nominee. It was also entered into the 39th Berlin International Film Festival.
- Hiroko Yakushimaru as Fusako Nakahara
- Hashinosuké Nakamura as Kosuke Shima
- Toshiro Yanagiba as Onkel, Keigo Hinoki
- Toshinori Omi as Arles, Sadaichi Takai
- Tetta Sugimoto as Gan, Iwao Ishido
- Shinobu Sakagami as Chopinski, Choichiro Saeki
- Eri Ishida as Sakiko Taniguchi, Prostitute
- Chieko Baisho as Kosuke's Mother, Tamiko Shima
- Kiyoshi Atsumi as Havaosuke the dormitory cook
- Shikan Nakamura as Kosuke today
- Keiko Awaji as Coffee shop's madame
- List of submissions to the 61st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Japanese submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "List of Japanese films nominated for Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film" (in Japanese). Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "Berlinale: 1989 Programme". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|