Hope for Haiti Now (album)
|Hope for Haiti Now|
|Live album by Various artists|
|Released||January 23, 2010|
|Singles from Hope for Haiti Now|
Hope for Haiti Now is a live album by various artists to benefit Hope for Haiti Now's campaign to alleviate the 2010 Haiti earthquake. All benefits from the album sales go to Haiti relief organizations, including the Red Cross and Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti foundation. Hope for Haiti Now features 19 live performances from the television broadcast Hope for Haiti Now: A Global Benefit for Earthquake Relief as well as the studio version of "Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)", an original track performed by Jay-Z, Bono, The Edge and Rihanna during the telethon.
The digital-only album was made available for pre-order through iTunes on 22 January 2010. It set a record as the biggest one-day album pre-order in iTunes history. The album sold 171,000 copies in its first weekend, and, in merely two days, became the first digital-only album to top the Billboard 200 album chart.
Hope for Haiti Now debuted on the Billboard 200 at number 1, selling 171,000 copies in only two days as Nielsen SoundScan's sales tracking week ends at the close of business each Sunday, thus becoming the first digital-exclusive set to top the tally in its nearly 54-year history of Billboard. It also became the second independently distributed album to reach the number one spot on the Billboard 200 chart that year (and 13th overall) following Vampire Weekend's Contra.
|Ö3 Austria Top 40||1|
|Belgium Albums Chart (Wallonia)||25|
|Belgium Albums Chart (Flanders)||24|
|Canadian Albums Chart||1|
|Danish Albums Chart||3|
|French Digital Albums Chart||1|
|New Zealand Albums Chart||9|
|UK Compilation Albums Chart||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||1|
|U.S. Billboard Top Independent Albums||1|
|US Billboard 200||82|
- Jayson Rodriguez (22 January 2010). "'Hope For Haiti Now' Performances: A Track-By-Track List". MTV.com.
- "'Hope For Haiti' telethon draws, and raises, millions". The Hollywood Reporter. 23 January 2010.
- Caulfield, Keith. "'Hope For Haiti' Album Debuts At No. 1 on Billboard 200". billboard.com. January 27, 2010.
- "Arcade Fire And Taylor Swift Sweep In With New No. 1s". Billboard.biz. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- Steffen Hung. "Hope For Haiti Now". austriancharts.at. Archived from the original on 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- Steffen Hung. "Hope For Haiti Now". danishcharts.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Charts History - Hope for Haiti Now - Various artists". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- ""Tops : "Urgence Haïti" prend la tête des ventes"". Chartsinfrance. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Various Artists - Hope For Haiti Now - Music Charts". Acharts.us. Retrieved 2012-03-24.
- "Hope for Haiti Now - Tops UK Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "Best of 2010 - Billboard Top 200". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Retrieved 2010-12-31.