Hopefield is an area in the south south of Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, occupied by a mid-20th century residential neighbourhood and by an early-21st century, ongoing housing development, built on land dating back to 17th century Polton South Mains Farm.
The area also contains a new school, Burnbrae Primary which was opened in 2012 but required an additional 'split campus' solution by 2017 to accommodate the many families with young children moving to the area, with nursery and Primary 1 classes to be built alongside the already-planned replacement facility for the local Catholic primary school, St Mary's, to be completed in 2020. However, this still would not meet the demand for places, and the main Burnbrae school also had to be extended in 2019.
- Hopefield, Gazetteer for Scotland
- Midlothian Local Development Plan 2017 Midlothian Council
- Hopefield residents’ woes worsen, Midlothian Advertiser, 8 June 2017
- "Site record for Bonnyrigg, Hopefield". RCAHMS. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Home, Burnbrae Primary School
- Burnbrae, Gazetteer for Scotland
- Consultations - Burnbrae early learning to potentially move to Hopefield, Midlothian Council, 7 August 2017
- Move to new campus beckons for Bonnyrigg primary, Midlothian Advertiser, 26 September 2017
- Contractor appointed for new Midlothian joint campus, Scottish Construction Now, 19 December 2018
- Burnbrae Primary School extension approved, Midlothian Advertiser, 22 April 2019
- Media related to Hopefield, Bonnyrigg at Wikimedia Commons
- Hopefield Park development, Walker Group
- Hopefield Gait, Taylor Wimpey
|This Midlothian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|