Hopi Hari's Skyline
|Slogan||"The Funnest Country in the World"|
|Location||Vinhedo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Owner||José Luiz Abdalla S/A|
|Opened||November 27, 1999|
|Previous names||Playcenter Great Adventure|
|Operating season||Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, from 11:00 am to 8:30 pm.|
With 0.76 km², is considered the second largest amusement park in Brazil, and is part of the tourist complex SerrAzul Full Life. Hopi Hari is a fictitious country - its employees are residents (hópius) - with a "president", capital, national language, among other features. Due to the debts of the park in June 2009, the group GP Investments sold the park for a symbolic value to the group HH II PT S/A
- 1 History
- 2 Themed areas
- 3 Former Attractions
- 4 Events
- 5 Shopping and food
- 6 Hopês (Hopi Harian)
- 7 Controversies
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Opened on November 27, 1999, Hopi Hari was designed and built by International Theme Park Services Inc., a U.S. company located in the city of Cincinnati, which based the design of the park at Paramount King's Island, a theme park located in the city also Cincinnati in Ohio. Originally, the park was to be called "Playcenter Great Adventure", as its name shows, it belonged to the Playcenter group, but due to the crisis that Brazil was in the 1990s, it was forced to sell it while still under construction, as a consequence of the reduction in visitors at Playcenter. The company GP Investments took over the works, where the park project has undergone several changes, including a name change to "Hopi Hari".
Warner Bros agreement
Recently, Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) and Hopi Hari, has struck a licensing agreement to bring some of the biggest franchises in the world. So far we know that the characters of the Justice League, Looney Tunes and Penelope Pitstop will be added to the attractions of the park. The characters, who first gain space in a park in Brazil, will leave the country more fun world with an air of Hollywood cinema. Characters like Tweety, Sylvester, Superman, Batman, Bugs Bunny, Aquaman, Taz, The Flash, will be in areas Infantasia (Looney Tunes characters and Penelope) and Aribabiba (the Justice League characters). What was talk in the heat of this news release was really these characters of American popular culture, "fit" in the history of Hopi Hari. The characters of Sesame Street, which now leave the scene, as were almost attached since the inauguration of the park because they had a history as strong as those of Superman and Batman, for example, that was known and was read in the park site on the history of Infantasia was that the population of children of settlers from Hopi Hari had grown and needed an area just for them. Along with the staff of Sesame Street, founded Infantasia, or were incorporated into the story of "country" sneak. Not now. Some of the most famous characters in the world, will fall by parachute in the park. However, the park is officially pronounced as telling stories of the merger will be so different. "[...] The entry of the Looney Tunes will be based on a new design in which Bugs Bunny is a millionaire with his inventions and goes to live in a house with Daffy Duck. In this context, the Hopi Hari sends an invitation to him please come to "country." He accepts the invitation, and brings the whole class is in Infantasia an ideal place for filming. They also bring all parafernalhas ACME park. And with all the happiness and joy that the park offers the greatest villains decide to invade "the country", but the goddess Hari calls the Justice League in order to establish the park to prevent the bad guys win. Aribabiba is in this battle will happen at each attraction. "
Tourist and Economic importance
While being close to large urban centres like São Paulo and Campinas, the park has an important role for the economy and tourism in the state of São Paulo and Brazil. The park is part of the complex SerrAzul Full Life which also includes Wet 'n Wild water park, Shopping SerrAzul, the Premium Outlet shopping center, the Quality Resort Hotel and Itupeva SerraAzul Farm subdivision. This complex attracts more than 5 million Brazilian tourists all year (number equal to the amount of foreign tourists to Brazil received in 2008) surpassing even tourist spots known as Christ the Redeemer, one of the Seven Wonders the modern world, and the Sugar Loaf in Rio de Janeiro, which together received only 1.9 million tourists (Brazilian and foreign) in 2008, according to RioTur. The Hopi Hari is responsible for 40% of the total of 5 million tourists - 2 million visitors are welcomed every year by the park. The park hopes to double that amount within 10 years, since hopes to attract more tourists in agreement with the Warner Bros. In 2010, Hopi Hari had a gross revenue of R $103 million, meaning an increase of 25% compared to 2009. Hopi Hari had the biggest increase among parks reporting in previous years, with close to 500,000 additional visitors, driven by a combination of the opening of several major new rides, and very strong economic growth in Brazil.
Hopi Hari is divided into five themed areas: Kaminda Mundi, Mistieri, Infantasia, Aribabiba and Wild West.
Kaminda Mundi (Way Of The World or World Avenue) is located in Southwest of Hopi Hari and occupies an area of 29,000 m² (is the first region of the park, just after the entrance). It is a tribute to the people of Hopi Hari, their ancestors and their origins (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, England, Germany and the Netherlands). Kaminda Mundi has the largest theater in Hopi Hari and a 3D cinema.
- La Tour Eiffel: This is a 69-meter-tall (226 ft) Intamin Giant Drop. Upon reaching the top of the tower, the gondolas are held up there for a few seconds and then released, reaching speeds of 85 km/h in just 4 seconds. On February 24, 2012, a 14-year-old girl died when she fell off her seat during descent. (currently disabled)
- Giranda Mundi: German Wheel, 44m high, where you get the full panorama of the park. In the 1990s went through Playcenter. It was built by Dutch firm Nauta Bussink.
- Theatro di Kaminda: A large theatre with capacity for 847 people where there is a varied program of plays. including: Harlequin and his two bosses, Musikaus and Há-Há Habi Taris.
- Cinétrion: 3D Cinema.
- Eléktron: Space reserved for arcade games and video games. (Paid separately).
- Jogakí di Kaminda: Play area, where visitors win prizes. (Paid separately).
Mistieri (Mistery) is in the northwest of the park and occupies an area of 52,000 m2. In this region we find Ekatomb, an attraction that turns passengers upside down in several different ways, and Vulaviking, a boat that swings until it reaches about 90 degrees to the ground. This area of the park features two roller coasters: Montezum, a wooden roller coaster with 1030m of length that reaches speeds of 103 km/h, and Vurang, another roller coaster inside a pyramid, where the cars turn around their own axis.
- Montezum: Visitors sweep over 1030 m in less than two minutes at a speed of up to 103 km/h. It is the most popular attraction of the park. It was built by U.S. firm RCCA.
- Vurang: Also known as "Roller Coaster in the dark", it is a roller coaster inside a pyramid, which runs most of its path entirely in the dark. And in addition to curves, ups and downs, stands revolve around its axis. It was built by Swiss company Intamin AG
- Ekatomb: A large rotating “tomb”, which leaves passengers upside down in various directions. It was built by Germany's Huss Rides.
- Katakumb: Replica of the tomb of Ramses II, which houses sarcophagi and mummies. The attraction is a maze, where visitors try to find the exit.
- Vulaviking: A boat that swings until an inclination of 90 ° to the ground. It was built by Germany's Huss Rides.
- Simulákron: A simulator with two rooms, each with a screen of 250 square metres.
Infantasia (Fantasyland) is in the central plain of the park and covers an area of 31,000 m2. It is an area geared toward children, themed around the Looney Tunes characters. In this region the guest can find attractions such as Kastel di Lendas, where some Brazilian folk stories are told.
- Kastel di Lendas: A castle that shows some Brazilian culture through animatronic puppets, scenes that play music and a few Brazilian cities.
- Giranda di Musik: The famous and traditional carousel that plays music of the old series Merrie Melodies. Represents the Department of Music
- Lokolorê: Taz Tea Cups, based on his ink cans.
- Chabum: Water playground that reproduces the Department of Special Effects. The refreshing moments in Chabum guarantees are secured by shooting water at various locations, soaking the participants. (currently disabled)
- Konfront: Marvin, the Martian little spaceships.
- Leva í Traz: Little trucks going through various scenarios with the Looney Tunes characters. It is the Department of Transportation.
- Dispenkito: A mini-free fall tower themed with Silvester and Tweety.
- Trakitanas: Playground with pool balls, mazes, slides and tunnels of various sizes. It is themed with the desert of RoadRunner and Wile E. Coyote, representing the Academy Stunt.
- Klapi Klapi Show: A theater with capacity for 220 people, where children's plays are performed with the gang from Looney Tunes Show.
Aribabiba (Justice League)
Aribabiba is the capital of the fictional country, and occupies an area of 16,000 m2. Aribabiba means "living life with fun". It is located in the northwest, near Mistieri. In this region there are attractions like Hadikali (Skycoaster), Vambatê (bumper cars), among others. In November 2005 debuted "Chevrolet Mundi," but at the end of the contract with the automaker, the place that has restaurants changed its name to Gran Palaz Burger & Pasta, showing their lunches now owning the Aribabiba names of the attractions. With the new contract with Warner Bros., DC Comics heroes now participate in the theming.
- Katapul - Superman Em Defesa da Central de Energia: A Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop. This ride utilizes a "weight drop" launch that sends riders a maximum speed of 53 miles per hour (85 km/h) into a vertical loop and up a 70 degree spike. Then the coaster will then complete the course backwards, back through the loop, into the station, up another 70 degree spike, and finally going back into the station to make a complete stop. Katapul used to operated at Alton Towers in England under the name Thunder Looper, and before that it ran at Kings Dominion and Jolly Roger Amusement Park as "King Kobra".
- Bat Hatari - Perseguição em Gotham City: A mini motorized roller coaster (Powered Coaster). The train is themed in Gothan City with a capacity of up to 20 people at a time. Made by Italian company Zamperla.
- Hadikali: A flight simulator for glider. where you can attain a speed of about 100 km/h at an altitude of 53 m, with a group of up to three people.
- Elektron - A Ameaça Energetica: Two large shelves that rotate 360 degrees, up and down without stopping.
- Trukis Di Pinguim: Also known as "Flying Carousel". A big "umbrella" where people turn on chairs set in it.
- Dismonti: Traditional bumper cars, themed with Joker and other villains.
- Cinemotion: simulator where visitors live an adventure, which includes audio and special effects, a distance at high speed in a field where there is evidence of giant ramps, runways and challenges on all sides. All to provide the maximum sense of reality.
- Enigmas Di Charada: Play area, where visitors win prizes. (Paid separately).
- Tokaia: Gondolas turning to the music and themed with Cat Woman vs Wonder Woman, coming to let people upside down. One model in world. (currently disabled)
The area is themed like the Old West. It has several attractions such as Rio Bravo, Evolution, West River Hotel, as well as shows and other presentations daily.
- Rio Bravo: One of the most successful attractions in the region. Simulates a raft in a river about 600 meters long, with rapids and waterfalls. The course is conducted by means of circular rafts with a capacity of nine people. If you go back, get wet some more. Built by Swiss company Intamin AG.
- Evolution: Ten gondolas stuck in a circle, supported by a large mechanical arm. This turns the circle and the gondolas at a constant speed at a height of approximately 20 m (roughly the same height as the Crazy Wagon), causing people to be upside down, and then descends back to its normal position. This appeal was withdrawn in 2004, and stored in warehouses of the park due to the numerous defects and high maintenance costs, however, been renovated and restored to service on August 21, 2010. Built by Italian company Fabbri Group.
- Saloon: Restaurant themed as a Wild West saloon, with typical dishes of the day, and several shows during the day.
- West River Hotel: Hotel haunted. The tour is a wooden wagon that runs slowly all the frightening scenarios with sensory experiences as it passes through the reception, bar, bedrooms, bathrooms, gardens and basement. The trip takes about 3 min and 30 sec.
- Spleshi: This is a water ride the Log Flume model, which has a boat-shaped trunk that can carry up to 4 people. These rise high enough, and then go through a steep decline, falling back into the water. The impact of the boats with water, causes people to be very wet. In 2008, this attraction was renovated, when it began to be called Spleshi. Before his name was Kidspleshi.
- La Mina Del Joe Sacramento: The visitors make a journey on foot inside an abandoned mine, where they encounter monsters, an elevator that goes down, among others.
- Namuskita: Game shooting (fee).
- Tyrolean: 200 meters crossing over Lake of Aribabiba.
- Unicirco: Circo of Marcos Frota, who presented a show called GIRO. Taken from the park in 2009. It was located in the region of Infantasia.
- Chevrolet Mundi: Complex where restaurants were located, a motion simulator about Chevrolet brand cars and where it is possible to test drive. Off in 2011, as the Chevrolet did not renew the contract with the park. Currently the restaurant is called Gran Palaz Burger & Pasta, the simulator displays the same Simulákron films, and location of the Test Drive is abandoned.
- Komunikatron: 3D and 4D Simulator telling the story of the phone. Beside, there was also a giant phone. It was off by building the space Hopi Niver. He stayed five years in the park.
- Mining: Located in the Wild West, this attraction for children consisted of a water wheel where they mining gravel. Who more mines, won prizes.
- Aquabum: aquatic version of the bumper cars, located on Lake of Hopi Hari. It was opened in 2002 and closed a few years later.
- Wylli Mundi: it was a playground at a giant baby that entertains and teaches children about the importance of health care. Off in 2011 in line with the reforms of Infantasia.
- Crazy Wagon: A big wagon that rotates horizontally, like the Jambalaia, but much larger. His spins are given in clockwise and counterclockwise. It was built by the German factory HUSS Rides that calls those types of ride like "Rainbow".
- Autorama: A track with 29 m in length that allows up to eight cars race simultaneously at speeds up to 40 km/h.
- (Unknown Name): Newer version of the Intamin 10-inversion roller coaster that costed $21 million. This ride uses a cable life hill that reaches 20 km/h, and directly goes into a curved drop. Its maximum speed is 85 km/h.
Summer at Hopi Hari
“Summer at Hopi Hari” happens in the period from January to March each year, one issue is addressed with parades of floats, characters and many shows. Kaminda Mundi is the central area to the event. The themes of the Summer at Hopi Hari since their first edition are: Alice at Hopi Hari (2010), Alice comeback to Hopi Hari (2011) and Looney Tunes at Hopi Hari (2012)
Hopi Night is an event that brings to Hopi Hari a festival of electronic music with many special effects, good music and dancers. Each year is chosen a different theme and area for the event. The event happens in the period from April to June. The themes of Hopi Night since their first edition are: Fun Street Night (2007 and 2008); The Mystery of the Pyramid (2009); Vampires and Werewolves (2010); Eléktron (2011)
Magical Vacations is an event when Hopi Hari is able to tell a story with a theme.The event features various characters, musical performances, daily shows and a fireworks show. Each year is chosen a different theme and area for the event. Magical Vacations happens in the period from June to August. The themes of Magical Vacations since their first edition are: Fun Street Night (2008); A Thousand Days in Hopi Hari (2009); Pirates of Neverland (2010); The Magic of Dinosaurs (2011)
It is an event like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando held in August and September that explore various themes in terror. It has been held since 2002 and is responsible for the majority of visitors during these months. The event works as follows: from 18 hours, featured characters are let loose in the regions of Mistieri and Wild West, visitors can also participate in attractions that are set up especially for these dates, the so-called "tunnel of horror," which usually add up to 3. Concerts are performed music and dance in these regions Hopi Hari by anonymous artists employed by the park. The themes of the Horror Time, since its first edition are: Fear Has Never Been So Real (2002); Fear is Back (2003); The Time Has Fear (2004); The 4 Elements (2005); Under the Dominion of Shadows (2006); Nightmares (2007); 7 Games of Fear (2008); Circus of Horrors (2009); The Wax Museum (2010); Epidemic (2011); Black Moon - The Power Comes From the Darkness! (2012); "Fables of Evil - Once upon a time ..." (2013).
Shopping and food
There are a number of shops throughout the park, the majority being at the end of each ride.
For food, one can travel to the numerous sandwich shops located throughout the park. For a more interesting eating experience, there are several small restaurants in the park, generally with a different food theme, such as the English Pub.
Hopês (Hopi Harian)
Though generally following the layout for most large theme parks, Hopi Hari has a unique aspect to it, its own language. It is an imaginary language that might be called, in English, "Hopi Harian"; its name in Portuguese is "Hopês". Signs throughout the park are printed in both Hopi Harian and Portuguese. The language seems like a variant of Portuguese, keeping the same grammatical aspects but changing some of the vocabulary and spelling. To a foreigner who is not fluent in Portuguese, one may easily mistake Hopi Harian for a natural language.
There are several places in the park where one can buy a Portuguese-Hopi Harian dictionary (Dicionário Hopês-Português from Editora Michaelis).
Some examples of expressions include:
- Tchau - Tchauí (Goodbye)
- Obrigado - Danki (Thank you)
- Oi - Oiê (Hey, hello)
- Que horas são? - Kuanto ki tikitaki? (What time is it?)
- Volte Sempre - Vendinovu (Come and visit again)
- Fotografia - Click click (Picture)
- Estou com fome - Mi ké hangá! (I'm hungry)
- Bem-vindo - Bom bini (Welcome)
- Eu Fui - Tivi la (I've been there)
On 28 September 2007, Arthur Wolf, a 15-year-old student, suffered anaphylaxis attack while in one of the Hora do Horror' tunnels. Despite being revived after a CRA by the medical team of the park, he died hours later in the hospital.
On 24 February 2012, 14-year-old Gabriella Nichimura died after falling off one of the chairs of the La Tour Eiffel. The girl fell from a height of 20 meters because she was in a seat which couldn't be utilized and was inactive for many years. Overall, eleven people, including the president of the park were indicted by the Civil Police of São Paulo by culpable homicide. The park was closed for 23 days by the Brazilian Public Ministry for investigations and had to make improvements on the safety of all rides and to reduce the working hours of the employees.
On the afternoon of 24 September 2014, a group of about 50 youngsters, who paid for their tickets, started a flash rob in the interior of the park, causing havoc and leaving six visitors hurt. Dozens of reports of people having their belongings stolen were left on the park's visitor answering service.
- G1 > Economia e Negócios - NOTÍCIAS - Empresa compra controle do parque de diversões Hopi Hari
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products e Hopi Hari anunciam parceria inédita para trazer personagens consagrados para empresa de parques temáticos líder na América Latina | Blog do Ho... Archived 2012-01-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Empreendimentos do interior paulista atraem mais visitantes que famosos pontos turísticos". uol.com.br.
- "Hopi Hari registra crescimento de 25% em 2010". portalhopiharimania.blogspot.com.
- "TEA and AECOM release 2010 Theme Index: The Global Attractions Attendance Report". aecom.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-17.
- ".:Correio Braziliense:". correiobraziliense.com.br. Archived from the original on 2012-04-02.
- "Sítio arqueológico de Hopi Hari - Montezum, Vurang, Ekatomb". hopihari.com.br. Archived from the original on 2011-09-02.
- "Katapul - Hopi Hari". Roller Coaster DateBase.
- Maurício Simionato (9 December 2007). "Polícia cobra laudo sobre morte no Hopi Hari". Folha.com.br. Retrieved 25 February 2007. External link in
- Tatiana Favaro (2 October 2007). "IML vai apurar morte de estudante em brinquedo do Hopi Hari". O Estado de S. Paulo. Retrieved 25 February 2012. External link in
- Maurício Simionato (9 December 2007). "Polícia cobra laudo sobre morte no Hopi Hari". Folha.com.br. Retrieved 25 February 2007. External link in
- "Adolescente de 14 anos morre no parque de diversões Hopi Hari (SP)". Jornal Hoje. 24 February 2012.
- "Adolescente morre após acidente no Hopi Hari". Band.com.br. 24 February 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-08-29. External link in
- "Onze pessoas são indiciadas por homicídio culposo por morte no Hopi Hari". IG. 17 April 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Laudo sobre morte no Hopi Hari aponta falha humana". IG. 13 April 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Hopi Hari terá de diminuir jornada de trabalho de funcionários". Revista Veja. 11 April 2012. Archived from the original on 13 April 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- EPTV Campinas e região (2014-09-25). "Arrastão deixa seis pessoas feridas no Hopi Hari, em Vinhedo". G1. Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidiano/2014/09/1522082-arrastao-no-parque-hopi-hari-deixa-ao-menos-seis-feridos-no-interior-de-sp.shtml. Retrieved 24 September 2014. Missing or empty
- http://g1.globo.com/sp/campinas-regiao/noticia/2014/09/arrastao-no-parque-de-diversoes-hopi-hari-deixa-feridos.html. Retrieved 24 September 2014. Missing or empty